Sep 29, 2006

Weird last 12 hours

Its been crazy this past week. I was in AZ for some meetings which was pretty nice. It was at the Fairmont Princess Hotel, which is an amazing resort complex in Scottsdale resting on the TPC Stadium course. Got lost on the 92 acre resort looking for my meeting room. Had to be picked up by a bellman in a golf cart to get me to my meeting. That's how lost I was. It took us 10 minutes to drive to the room. 10 minutes!!!! This place comes close to dwarfing the size of the Vegas hotels. No golf since we were in meetings for close to 15 hours a day. But we should all go back and stay there to play some golf during the winter.

And in my normal style I fucked up the proposal to Carol in AZ. On Tuesday, in between the meetings and dinner for that night, I drove back to Carol's place just to say hi. The ring was in my briefcase and for some reason I couldn't keep a straight face and she knew something was up and started going towards my briefcase, and in turn I flipped out and dove for the case so she wouldn't open it. Later she told me that she had no idea and wasn't even going for the case. So since I overreacted and I thought that she knew, I decided to do it right there. In her bedroom...In my Farmer's outfit...In between meetings. Ugh. I live on a beach that is picture perfect and I end up doing it in her bedroom in Scottsdale. Nice job!!!

Last night I ended up going to the Snow Patrol concert at the House of Blues in San Diego with Carol, her friend Lauren and her husband Brian. Pretty good overall. Great venue, not too crowded, $5 beers at an uncrowded bar, great opening band called Augustina, enough eye candy to keep me entertained during the bad songs, and the lead singer of Snow Patrol dropping F bombs in an Irish accent which I loved to no end. Weird crowd though. It was a mixture of 21 year old girls and middle aged guys. I'm used to the hippie crowds at the Black Crowes and Government Mule shows, which by the way have been the only concerts I've been too over the past 5 years. The last non BC or GM concert was a Blink 182-Nickelback-System of the Down-Puddle of Mud show I went to with Brad, Amy, and Allen at George Mason. WOW!!! That's a lot of crap and its inexcusable since I live right outside of LA that has tons of great venues and great bands. I'm sure my next concert will be going see that guy Chase from Laguna. Anyway, I had to watch the concert by myself since I wasn't going to go in the front with Laren and Carol, and for some reason I couldn't find Brian, who apparently was only a couple people down from me at the bar. I do love watching concerts alone though, since I like to get lost in the music and just watch people. For example I watched this older couple on the second floor overhang (who were wearing fanny packs) get their view blocked out by these two hookers and their dates. The women was pissed, but the man just sat back and seemed to be enjoying it. The hookers were providing enough entertainment for me as they tried to dance stripper style to the slow songs, clap out of rhythm to the music, and grab their dates packages on several occasions. Stay classy San Diego.

And then to top it off this morning, I had another toilet incident. Yup!!!! So I go into the bathroom to use our new toilet. Sit down, and somehow crack the toilet seat with me going right into the toilet. I really wish I was making this up. Seriously, this is fucking bullshit. So after I get cleaned up, I go right to my wonderful secretary who had them replaced and asked how much she paid for the toilets. $150 a piece. They were the cheapest ones in Home Depot. Make sense. Now I have to explain to her that we need a new toilet seat. No easy way to explain that. Way to start off the morning. Add this to my 15 minute cleaning session in the parking lot due to our homeless guy leaving around 50 pounds of clothing scattered in our back parking lot and I'm ready to give up on the day.

2 comments:

The Dudeman said...

Oh my God, Zahn. Every time you post a toilet story I can't stop laughing hysterically in my office. I thought the mental image of you peeing on your own pants was the funniest thing. Until now when it was topped by the mental image of you actually dropping into the toilet. Priceless.

dzahn07 said...

And it was one of those cartoon delayed falls, where I hear the toilet seat crack and the caption "That can't be good" appears above my head and then I fall into the toilet. At least my pants didn't get wet. The first thing that came to me was the blog.