Jun 3, 2006

Vegas

Making another trip to Vegas this mornings with Ben, which continues to add onto the record year for Vegas trips. This will be the 6th trip in as many months, and it seems that I will easily keep this pace up for the rest of the year since now I'm getting free weekend nights at New York New York. Nice to have a friend who is just as bad as you and all it takes to convince him to make the trip is just mentioning it the morning of. I haven't seen such commitment since Blondie and I blindly followed coin flips on deciding if we would make Friday midnight runs up to AC.

It seems as if Ben and I are focused and ready for this trip. We have an excellent gameplan which should keep us off the roulette tables for the first 4 hours, which seems to have been our downfall the last couple of trips. NO, I'm not saying that we won't play roulette this trip, we will just try to minimize our exposure to that evil wheel. I'll continue to work the Wiz craps theory this trip to see if it was just a fluke during the last trip. The biggest problem that we have right now seems to be what our first drink will be. I'm torn between an absolute and cranberry or a Coors Light, and Ben is stuck between a Jack and Coke or a Guinness. Tough decisions.

Anyway, I will probably go pretty heavy on baseball today. Here is what I like:

Oakland Under 9
Detroit Over 9.5
Detroit -116
TB +198
FL +150

Oh, and if the afternoon games go well, I'll try and go heavy on the Suns. Man, those games have been so much fun to watch. And I know I ripped on BSG several times here, but he is hands down the best NBA writer out there right now. His NBA articles are just so enjoyable to read!

Finally, can anyone explain why Beef Jerky is so expensive? Why do I have to shell out $5 for a small bag which is basically just a handful of beef. Am I missing something?

No comments: