Jun 22, 2006

Sports Comments


It will be interesting to see how they handle the Guillen situation. I wasn't all that interested in his comments until someone brought up the fact that they ran Ms. Schott out of baseball for racial slurs and this is in the same context. Don't you think?

Boy, what a pitiful performance by the US today. I'm beginning to understand why Eric tends to root against the US in international play, due to all of the unnecessary hyping of our sports products. Bode Miller, Olympic Basketball, WBC baseball team, and now the US Soccer team. Come on. A lose to Ghana????? Unacceptable. You talk about a blown chance to capitalize on the World Cup. Ugh.

Wow, the A's pulled out all the stops last night for a must win. Street for two innings and Calero for two innings. You think Macha wanted that win to move 1 game ahead of the Rangers? And how do we get shut out twice (1 hit two nights again by Jennings) in Colorado? Here comes the offensive slump I was expecting in early May.

Non sports related comment. Will 80's ballards come back into style enough for people to start having them as their wedding songs. I'm so excited to possibly go to a wedding where they use Firehouse as the first song. Dude, I'm looking in your direction for this. I'm sure we can convince Beth that Brad and Angela used it as their wedding song.

7 comments:

Dave Carrol said...

I was in Ghana a couple of years ago for 7 months and this is going to be HUGE!!! Good for them!

jorge blogsada said...

I think Marge Schott said that Hitler did some good things, but then he went too far. There was some discrepenancy as to when the "too far" era had begun in her mind, the battle of the bulge perhaps.

I heard that ozzie also said something to the effect that he could have made it through harvard, but bill gates would have been killed in Venezuela. I'm not sure if this offense, but it sure makes for an interesting reality show on both ends.

Our wedding song was going to be "Heaven is a place here on earth", but Eric wouldn't let us borrow his tape collection for the weekend.

Yes, we are quite horrible on the world stage. I think it's because the world plays different sports from us in general, but after getting waxed in the baseball classic and watching manu ginobli dominate in nba live 06 I'm beggining to think we just suck. I am enjoying that scottish guy as the fifa equivalent of gammons though. Aren't you the feisty midfielder?

How did we miss pujols getting activated this afternoon. Larussa is such a dick.

Eric Z said...

See, it's not that I hate the US seams, it's that I hate the overhyped US teams.

Men's Curling in the Olympics? Oh yeah, I was rooting for the guys. That was mesmerizing stuff. What a great Bronze medal.

The "Curl Girls"? Well, after they lost their first FOUR matches, I started turning against them. Stop shoving them down my throat - they are no good!

Same with USA Basketball, and now a little bit with soccer. How many shots on goal did we have.... IN THE TOURNAMENT????? FOUR!!! that's insane. And the media wants us to believe that we lost due to a bad call? Please. That's like me bitching about a loss for the 1999 Browns when we had a TD called back in the 2nd quarter due to a holding penalty in a 31-10 loss to the Jaguars.

Derek - did you see? No suspension for Ozzie for his remarks. I think your Marge comparison is right on. For that observation, I can make you an honorary citizen of Cincinnati.

Pretty soon, you will see that Pete Rose belongs in the hall of fame. First Marge, then Pete...

And John, I don't have that song, but I do have "When I'm with You" by Sheriff. A perfect ballad for your first dance.

Buck Super Stereo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Buck Super Stereo said...

I'll Never Let You Go by Steelheart is the only way to go.

and the dude's engaged now too? wow. world comes to an end in 45 days. enjoy it.

what did we used to say in high school...soccer is for communists!

although i admit that i do get as wrapped up in the world cup as the next guy. at least i can look forward to the US team sucking only every 4 years as opposed to annually by the Royals

The Dudeman said...

Well Derek, Beth was trying to convince me to use Firehouse as our first song, but I think that was already taken by Chad and Mindy Salganik in high school. While this hardly qualifies as a ballad I'm trying to convince Beth that she should walk down the aisle to Helmet's Unsung but she's not really going for it.

Eric Z said...

By the way, I'm not homophobic - I've been to a WNBA game!

Why not throw in that you've attended an LPGA event, too?