Jun 10, 2006

Saturday's Comments

  • Watching the World Cup and I'm surprised at how many players I know due to the soccer video game that Dude and I used to play. Dude used to kick our asses with Sweden, so names like Larson and Ibrahimovic are household names. I could only compete against Dude with Italy so I'll be cheering for my men Totti, Toni, and De Rossi. I think I only beat Dude once or maybe twice in about 50 tries.
  • Back to Sweden, their opening game was ten times more exciting than the England game. Don't know too much about soccer, but England's play was so uninspiring.
  • And I'm starting to get tired of watching these guys go down on every single play and acting like they lost a foot. Almost as annoying as watching Tim Duncan complain about getting fouled. Give me a break.
  • Last comment on the World Cup. I went onto my normal online gambling site because I wanted to take the Ivory Coast today, but for some reason I couldn't just bet on the game itself. It was either the over/under or a bunch of crazy prop bets. Do people not bet on each game or is it just my site? Does this have anything to do with the Italian gambling scandal? Do I have a problem?
  • Going to Disneyland tomorrow, which will be my first trip to either one of the Disney spots. Am I the last person in the US over the age of 30 that hasn't been to either of these places? I'll post some pictures of me on the teacups on Monday.
  • Now onto more important things. The A's!!! They are somehow hanging in there despite some major injuries. Its nice to get Bradley and Loiaza back from the DL, but I'm not too sure how far we can go with these key injuries to our pitching staff. Our number 2 in Harden is now official injury prone and the heart of our bullpen in Duchscherer and Kennedy can't get off of the DL. We have some depth in the bullpen, but it would be nice to get these two studs back in there to lock up the 7th and 8th innings. With all of the injuries we are only 2.5 back from TX, so I can't really complain.
  • Tropical Depression Warning???? Are you kidding me? People are freaking out over a regular storm off the coast of FL. Great. Here we go with overkill on these storm watches.
  • Brent Musberger looks surprisingly good for being 67. I'm being serious here.
  • If you have a chance, check out SuperTroopers. I know I'm probably a little late on this one, but what a fantastic movie.
  • USA Today is predicting that Game 3 of the NHL finals will have the lowest sports TV rating during prime time of all time. Anyone want to wager on that?

1 comment:

RRD said...

"A game that has been controlled by Argentina has been turned around 360'"

...to be going in the same direction?

Announcers = awful