Jun 26, 2006

Monday Night update

Well, one round in the books. A very up-and-down 77 today puts me in (ironically) 77th place. That puts me on the outside looking into the top 64 for match play. However, it looks like lower scores were shot at the 2nd course that I'm playing tomorrow. All of the top 4 scores were posted at Elks Run, the course I am at tomorrow.

Stats for today:
Fairways: 6
Greens: 8 ( goal was 10)
Bob Wickman stats: for those 8 greens, 1 birdie and 2 3-putts.

Total putts: 31
Up and down: 6 / 11.
Doubles or higher: none

I guess golf all evens out. I three-putted two holes on the back side, but made 2 10-foot downhill sliders for par, also on the back.

I have a feeling 152 or 153 will be the number - stay tuned tomorrow to see if the Terps get off the bubble and make the field.

Don, by the way, played extremely well but couldn't putt. He hit 15 greens and shot 75. He is changing putters for tomorrow. So, David Riske is out, I guess.

5 comments:

dzahn07 said...

Make sure that Mota stays in the pen. He made one too many appearances during the last go around.

Eric Z said...

Dammit! I will hit 12 greens tomorrow. Geesh. No more Mota.

(but that bush-hiding Sauerbeck may make an appearance... how is he doing with the A's, by the way?)

Eric Z said...

And let's just say that Don's decision to change putters at this stage in the game...

is like changing closers in baseball in a pennant race in September. I know the first one sucks, but.... the devil you know, right?

Don said...

I know both putters.

I've played well with both this year.

38 putts with 4 3-jacks. Sure it can get worse, but unlikely.

I changed grips (went back to cross handed) yesterday so I could hit a putt straight. Changing putting styles in the middle of a round I would claim was more dramatic. But I HAD to do something.

dzahn07 said...

Oh, and for Currier, Chris Sabo did not show up. Everyone was disappointed.

And Mer, you are banned from this site until you start drinking again. I was crushed to hear that you were on the wagon.