Mar 6, 2007

Willpower......I need willpower, quickly


So I think I blogged a few weeks ago that I was sick of being overweight - I believe this was right before Derek's wedding, when someone took my measurements for my tux and they told me I was a 40 waist. Dear God- the horror! I am not a 40!


So I actually did something about it....since mid-January, I've been eating healthier at lunch, making sure I eat something for breakfast (as opposed to nothing), and I am jogging 3 times a week - even during the crappy weather we've had in February.


The results? I am down 6 pounds in 6 weeks. I know, not Dan Marino-like numbers, but I feel better and it's not a wholesale lifestlye change. This can be sustained.....


But today is my biggest challenge...


My work computer crashed yesterday, so it is now in the hands of IT. I don't expect to get it back until late today at the earliest. On top of that, Warren has a fever - and since I really can't do anything without my work computer, I'm staying home with him.


Now I feel like Alice in the above Dilbert strip. I've got to make sure I don't go through a box (or two) of Girl Scout cookies in our pantry. I treated Warren to McDonalds this morning - of course, I had to get something too.... and he's not eating his McGriddle, so now that's sitting there staring me in the face....


I hope those 6 pounds I lost aren't gained over 8 hours today....


2 comments:

Eric Z said...

Um......

Care to elaborate?

dzahn07 said...

Mer, I have the same goal. Its great that my wife is a chubby chaser.