Mar 10, 2007

Basketball Ramblings

  1. Since I'm just starting to watch College Hoops now during the last couple of games during the regular season and all of the conference play, I'm wondering if that is not a good way to judge if a team will do well in the tournament. And I'm not talking about winning it all, just getting into the sweet 16, since that is when we will be wager on the teams. Eric, we need the breakdown of seeds 3-6 on what they have traditionally done in their conference tournament.
  2. Trying to research the above information, I came across some interesting information like the 12 seed has been more successful against the 5 seed (33% winning %) than the 11 seed has been against the 6 seed (31%).
  3. What the hell happened to the Terps. Lee said we got killed on the boards by a team that played 4 guards. Ugh. That is terrible. I know people are trying to play it off, but this was a terrible loss an has me very worried.
  4. How many teams does Diger Phelps have in the tournament? 120? Everyone should be in. Nice to see Vitale call him out on this.
  5. I really think Eric should start up a College Basketball website. Lee and I spent 30 minutes last week questioning him about every mid major and minor conference and his answers were correct 60% of the time. Simply amazing. He could easily make some money during this time of year for people looking for advice.
  6. I fucking hate Hansbourgh with a passion. If he stays another year, he could get up there with Latiner, Hurley, Wojo, and Parks as the most hated college white guy.
  7. 30 seconds left in the game and you are down by 1. What do you do as a coach? The Vermont team just dribbled it on top for 25 seconds and then turned it over. What a terrible ending. Why not shoot it and just in case if you miss you can foul. Ugh.
  8. Crap. The updated brackets show the Terps as a 4, but playing in Spokane. And who is in their bracket and a possible matchup in the second round? Gonzaga. Gonzaga playing in Spokane? I don't like it.

1 comment:

RRD said...

1. Weird UMD would be slated in Spokane with the 'pod' scheduling for the first two games, especially as a projected 4. Who was the 1?

2. For some reason I don't mind Hansboroughoughough. I've never had any great disdain for UNC, post Dean Smith. BG and RW are good coaches, although BG was a DS disciple. I won't get fired up on my hate for all that is Duke.