Feb 9, 2006

Vegas Planning

OK, we've got a little more than a month until Vegas. I've gotten a few questions about plans, golf, etc. - and what better place to quibble about Vegas plans than right here?

1) Golf. What are people's plans for golfing? Kermit (my friend from college) has got a tee time at Paiute on Friday afternoon - Don is in, I think I'm in... Leland - does you and your party want to jump in with us? Derek?

Saturday - Kermit is interested, but I don't think I will go. Anyone else?

2) Dinner. It is tradition that we go out for a fancy meal once during the trip; the last two years it has been at Smith and Wollensky's.
One suggestion this year (from Don) is Bobby Flay's at Caesars. Other recos?

3) As stated before, Don, Derek and I are coming in Wed night; Don and I are leaving Sun night. Kermit is coming in Thu night and leaving Sat night. Derek - do you have any definites as to who else is coming from southern California?

7 comments:

RRD said...

We got booted from that S&W during a 2001 bachelor party when two people puked at a table of 10, and the groom-to-be continued to puke in the bar, and the bathroom. Good times.

dzahn07 said...

1. No golf
2. I'm only eating at Smith and Wollenskys.
3. Not sure yet.

dzahn07 said...

More than likely I will stay in the other room.  I'll probably have a couple people in during the weekend.  And Kermit,  who is this guy Don?  He comes out once and has Eric convinced to go somewhere else other than Smith and Wollenskys for dinner, because he can get a steak anywhere?  Can someone tell him that the steak is better than the ones they serve at Applebees in Cincy?   What the hell is this?

Don said...

Applebees for steak? Please. I can grill a better steak in my back yard than S&W, and without coating it in butter.

Bobby Flay, king of the grill. Check it out. I can't make this at home.

http://www.bobbyflay.com/restaurants.asp

DON

dzahn07 said...

OK, I'm game. The veal chop sold me. Make it happen. Lee are you in?

Eric Z said...

OK! Party of 8 is confirmed at Bobby Flay's grill -

9:30 pm on Friday, March 17.

We should all be cleaned up from golf and the games should be over by then.

If we want to do a additional dinner at S&W on Saturday, we could be open to that too...

skeetskeet11 said...

You had me at hello.

Bobby Flay?!?! Fuck yeah. I'll check with Wiz and Micah.