Feb 22, 2006

Random thoughts....

1) I love IT on days like this. I got a new computer; the process of moving my data from my old to my new computer takes a half a day. So - what can I do without a computer for an afternoon?
Golfing it is! Shot a 75 this afternoon at Walden Ponds. No one on the course, and it still took me 3 hours and 20 minutes to play. Maybe I am a slow player.

2) Went to Kindergarden orientation last night - to get parents ready for the 06/07 school year. All kids in the school district go to one building for Kindergarden.
For perspective, I graduated in a class of 13. Even if I would have stayed at Hereford for my senior year, my class would have only been 200.
Freddie's Kindergarden class is projected to be 1100 students.
Wow.

3) Freddie's learning new things, but we're still working on some concepts. This is an actual conversation we had tonight:
Me: "Pick a number between 1 and 5"
Freddie: "OK".
Me: "Now think of a word that rhymes with that number.".
Freddie: "OK, got it!"
Me: "What is the word?"
Freddie: "Hand".
Me: "Um.... what was the number you picked?"
Freddie: "Six".

4) For any of you who has ever received one of those spam e-mails from Nigeria, you will get a kick out of this:
An e-mail George W Bush must have received.

5) Finally, on the college basketball front, I read this article from cnn si and can assure you that Iowa City is completely blase about possibly losing Alford. It may not make sense to an outsider, but Alford is not well liked at all at Iowa.

Take my coach, please!

4 comments:

Other Brad said...

My kid starts Kindergarden this Sept. Can't wait to slash the Day Care expense :).

Now, my random thoughts on this beautiful evening.

1. Made a drunken wager this afternoon on Wichita St (yes, I said afternoon). Right now the score is tied at 53 and I doubled down on the money line.

2. Right now, while checking updates on CBSSportsline, I get to watch the diarhea that is Terps basketball. Right now it looks as if 3 of our players could possibly foul out in the 1st half. We are shooting about 30% right now and FSU is shooting 60% from 3-point range. I keep saying it over and over, I am tired of seeing opposing teams have double digit 3's and double digit offensive rebounds.

Also, Travis Garrison is worthless.

Thats all I have right now. Sterling Ledbetter just air balled a wide open 3-point set shot in transition-rebound Travis Garrison-result-Travel Travis Garrison.

Eric Z said...

Um, don't mention diarrhea to me. Our 5-year old is getting over the stomach flu; I was awoken last night at 12:30 to Freddie coming in our room saying "I had to go poopy, but I didn't make it to the toilet".
Oh yeah, that's nice.

37-27 Florida St. at the half. And it's on Full Court so I get to watch this crap. I think I will change it to the Minnesota-Purdue game. It's better basketball.

Other Brad said...

I don't think there will be enough players to finish the game, so it will be a double forfeit.

At least Wichita St won. 60-58.

Also, did you see the coverage of JJ Redick and his quest for ACC scoring leader of all time?

Its a 50 year old record. Thats pretty amazing. The guy that holds it scored 2500+ points in only 100 games and no 3 point line.

Other Brad said...

This is appreciated and painful.
Four Corners offense with 3 minutes to play.