Feb 8, 2006

Thoughts While Driving a Yellow Mustang

Just a couple of quick things from LA/San Diego since it's 1am PST and I was trying to stay on EST. Guess that ends today.
1. Part of the reason I'm staying up is to download "It's Raining Men" from iTunes so I can blast it on the car stereo driving around San Diego.
2. Besides the incredible homo factor, the 2006 Mustang is one of the worst cars I've ever driven. Blog to follow on this sometime next week, but I'd honestly rather be driving my old '83 Honda Accord 4-door with 13 people in it on the way to the Student Union to see "Blue Chips".
3. Eric, let's pretend you never mentioned that.
4. Malibu--overrated. Santa Monica--not bad. Pepperdine--wow.
5. Derek, I now see how you've become such a pussy with cold weather. It's 75 degrees in Feb! This shit is amazing.

4 comments:

dzahn07 said...

couldn't agree with you more on Malibu. Beaches suck, the people are rude, and there are really no good places to eat. Santa Monica is decent, but the real jem is a small town just north of Malibu called Zuma. Great beaches and outstanding ocean front restuarants.

dzahn07 said...

Oh, and the weather....supposed to be 85 today. Try going from that to 7 degrees and lets see how well you react.

Eric Z said...

Can you imagine going to Pepperdine? My high school friend Bill did..... wow. Just stunning.

True story - I met Heidi Fleiss in Santa Monica in the mid 90s - I have a picture of me and her; I also used to have a signed pair of boxers by Ms Fleiss herself.

RRD said...

Nothing beats a positive weather shift. In college I used to love the 1000 mile drive from Charlottesville to NOLA for Mardi Gras, arriving at 8am, after leaving at 4pm the night before. A quick nap and we'd be jacked up for the parades. Currently, I enjoy a President's Day trip to Miami, to leave temperatures in the 20's and improve 40+'. You literally walk around for 1/2 a day like you're in a cartoon.