Jan 7, 2008

Weekend Gambling Recap

Eric and I were trying to decide who had the worse loss of the weekend:
  • Eric - Losing a 4 team parlay on Canisius. They lost by 50 points.
  • Derek - Losing a 4 team parlay on Bowling Green. They lost their bowl game by 56 points.

Ugly, ugly losses. Eric and I have started calling these 4-10 team parlays "Lotto Tickets". Its great when we talk about this. "So Eric, did you buy a lotto ticket tonight?" Well yes Derek I did. Matter of fact I have two $1 lotto tickets going tonight. The success rates for these are mighty mighty low. Several times Eric and I have gotten the complete card incorrect.

On the bright side, both of us did fairly well. I nailed the Steelers, TN under, and Seattle but screwed the pooch on TB. Man, I thought they were going to play better.

And the one saving grace for me lately has been the Lakers. Man, they are almost a solid lock when playing against any Eastern Conference team other than the Celtics.

Entered into two Golf pools. Pick one guy for each tournament, but you can only use that one guy once during the entire season. Eric and I are splitting the cost for both of the pools. The first pool with Wiz is nice. You can pick your guy right before the tournament. The second one with RRD is a lot tougher. You actually have to turn all your picks in now for the entire year. WOW!!! Talk about being clueless. And yes I did watch about 30 minutes of the Golf channel yesterday to see how our pick Justin Leonard was doing. This might be a lowpoint in my gambling career.

4 comments:

4micah said...

Derek, Mandy & I are going to be in Newport Beach the week of the 21st for the first week of our honeymoon. We should get together for a drink or 2...

Layup said...

Newport? Why are you going to that slum?

4micah said...

I don't know anything about SoCal. We got a timeshare at the Marriott. It was free...

Layup said...

just joking. Newport is one of the nicest areas in SoCal.