Jan 3, 2008

New Year's in a nutshell

Remember the game "Operation"? Of course you do.
Bzzzzzzz. Butterfingers!

Have you ever played it drunk? I did, when in college. I think it took the whole group 20 minutes to get the funny bone out.

Now -fast forward to New Year's Eve 2007,. We are over Don and Michelle's. We are greeted as soon as we come in with a shot of raspberry vodka. Over the next 90 minutes or so, I had at least 3 glasses of red wine. And I was just starting to eat dinner. So at that point, I was a little light headed.....

Freddie starts to scream. After we calm him down, we find out that he has a sliver in his foot.

Don gets us some tweezers. Janice is holding Freddie, and then she turns to me....

"well, do you want to try?"

Oh yeah, that's great.....trying to pull a tweezer out of my son's foot (while he is screaming bloody murder) while boozed up on wine and vodka.

It's amazing I didn't accidentally pierce him 5 times in the foot....needless to say, we did not get it out that night.

No comments: