Jan 28, 2008

Quick Thoughts

1. Do you think big fans of snowboarding and snowmobiling view the announcers of the X games just like how we view McCarver and Theisman for baseball and football? I was thinking about that the other night when I was watching it thinking that these guys were pretty informative, but they must be killing true fans as it seemed pretty basic.

2. Jeff and I played some golf on Saturday and we were paired up with two of the worst golfers on the planet. The one guy tee'd it up at least twice on each hole and I would of easily of bet on my little nephew Freddy or Carol to beat this guy even with giving this dick a shot a hole. After the guy hit his first drive BEHIND himself on hole number one, Jeff looked at me and said "This is going to really test your patience. I bet you can't go 9 holes without blowing up." I came close a couple of times, but kept quiet. Let's go back to hole number 7. I was about to hit my 7 iron on a par three and the guy's cell phone rang, I pulled back from my shot, waiting for him to turn off the ringer....waiting....waiting....oh, you want to take that call? Sure no problem. So after I pushed my 7 iron pin high to the right, I approached my chip and numbnuts #2 walked right behind me in the middle of my backswing. Then asshole #1 proceeded do jumping jacks in my line and then sat up about 5 feet directly behind me to watch me miss my 7 footer, losing the hole to Jeff. It took everything in my power not to bury my putter in this guys ass, and it took everything in Jeff's power not to bust up laughing. I would of been worse if these two didn't continue to do this type of thing to the both of us, so it sort of evened out. On hole number 11, Jeff was in the weeds and he was trying to punch out, and the other guy was on the hole next to us trying as well to get back into our fairway. I was watching both of them and it seemed as if they were both going to hit at the same time since they didn't see each other. I was going to yell over to both of them, but it was too late. The guy ended up wacking the ball into one of those tee box wood planks and the ball shot back at him, nailed him in the head, and then went about 50 yards into the brush. Classic. I doubled over in the fairway just laughing. We ended up playing the entire round with them, with the one guy saying "I hope we didn't hold you up too much." Um...thanks for saying something on the last fucking hole.

3. Columbus Marathon in November. Be there or be square.

No comments: