Sep 23, 2007

Random Shit

Out of commission for the last couple of days due to eating some pretty nasty steak. Note to self, when you get a nice steak that has blackened blue cheese crusted on it, it only has a shelf life of about 24 hours. I had a slice about 72 hours later and it has knocked me out. I will say that my stomach has handled it fairly well as it has shut itself down. There seems to be a "Please remain seated and keep your seatbelts on" sign illuminated in my colon. So I have been trippling up on my fiber and I feel very very strange. With that all being said, I have been laid up in bed since Friday night which has allowed me to do a lot of thinking about many things:

  • Being in bed all day during a Saturday with a laptop and a gambling problem is a terrible thing. I had a fever when wagering on a 6 team teaser. WTF!!!! At least I had an excuse unlike Eric. I got a call from him on Saturday asking me who I liked more. San Jose St. or Utah St. Ugh.
  • I'm restricting myself to only wagering on the Pac 10. No more Big Ten. Fuck Penn St.
  • Bold prediction that I made to Eric yesterday: West Virginia vs Oklahoma for the national championship. LSU and Florida will knock each other off and USC will have too hard of a road schedule.
  • And poor Terps. How do you not even cover?
  • Can we all agree that Spencer from "The Hills" creates such wide range of emotions for guys. He is a complete jerk but yet I have a lot of respect for him since he is able to be that way while still holding down his girlfriend. Does he even have a job?
  • Watching a HBO documentary on the Yanks vs Diamondbacks series and the impact of 9/11 on the series. Scott Brosius made a comment of "If there was ever a time that New York deserved the world series it was this year since they went through so much." And the picture that they had up when he was talking about that was an AZ fan with a "Go Home Yankee" poster. Nice.
  • And can we please stop having women comment on sports. Ugh. "I didn't wear any purple and green for months" was a lady's reaction to the Yankees losing.
  • Warning: Girls Gone Wild has hired some Real World cast members to video tape shit. Sirus, Tanya, the one hot girl from San Diego, and the dude who got his face bashed in are filming now. Yes this is what you learn when you wake up at 3:00am on Sunday morning.
  • I'm done betting on teams with bad QBs on the road, no matter who they are playing. Vikings vs KC seems so enticing to me, but I can't handle cheering for Bollinger to drive his team 80 yards for the win. NO more.

No comments: