Sep 5, 2007

Hello from United Hell

Its nice to see that Eric can google for images and play with clipart. A couple of quick notes from Ohio.

  1. Fuck United. I'm calling my congressman tomorrow to push this draft. Don are you with me!!!!!! And yes I have no one else to blame for this except for myself. On Friday, Carol and I sat in the OC airport because the plane before us had mechanical problems and they took our plane. So they were trying to repair our plane (the one that was broken), but they didn't have any mechanics. So they have to get them from LA, but is rush hour on labor day weekend. Ugh. So 8 hours later, the plane takes off and we land at 3:00am at O'Hare. Our flight to Dayton doesn't leave until 6:00am, so once again I end up sleeping in O'Hare. On the way back home I end up spending 45 minutes on the tarmak at the OC airport since United can't get their act together and have an open gate. This letter that I'm writing is going to be classic.
  2. New Albany Golf Course- By far this was the nicest course I've ever seen. Took a huge dump in the men's locker room and it was amazing. TVs, card tables, dry cleaner, and I think I even saw a popcorn machine in there.
  3. Caddying- Man I love it. I take pride in my work as a caddy. I see some of the guys just struggling along and it pisses me off. But at this tournament, I came upon the king of all caddies. Knew all the rules, all of the pin placements, took the pin out first almost every single hole, and had an eye of an eagle in locating balls. He called out Eric for hitting out of turn, and we almost came to blows by the 4th hole. Eric was telling me "I don't want to know anything more than "Eric its all taken care of"". What a prick.
  4. Eric's Golfing Ability- Yes Eric shot an 84 but it was an exciting 84. Those pin placements were impossible and he hung in there for most of the day. Shooting an 84 with having to use his highbred club on every approach shot is very impressive. All he needs to do is workout a little bit to gain some distance on his driver and he would be in it since his short game is second to none.

1 comment:

Eric Z said...

Well, I'm glad you had fun caddieing. A lot of people can't understand how someone can enjoy lugging aroung a bag in relative silence for 4 1/2 hours, but....

:)

Most nice country clubs have those amenities in their locker room. It's like a home away from home.

You forgot the best part about the caddie.....his player? What did he shoot?

99.

And they both were asses.

And everyone - Derek is not exaggerating about the pins. I think 16 or 17 of the 18 were tucked or placed in precarious positions. Tough, tough course.

One more thing: shi-pow-pow! (the official way to spell it off the lyrics page)