Sep 22, 2007

NFL Week 3: Sidra


You can see this one coming a mile away, huh?

Now is the time of the season where we start asking: "Are they for real?"

Is Detroit for real, or are they fake? What about the 49ers? The Texans?

They all look as good as Sidra here right now....

and, of course, what will we be saying about some of the teams?

"Yes, they are real.... and they are FANTASTIC!"

On to the picks:

NE 31, Buf 10: Can the Pats be stopped? (Answer: Yes, in two weeks...)

Min 17, KC 13. I just don't see KC scoring many points against this defense.

Indy 23, Hou 21. Should be close when the Colts are on the road, where they have struggled.

GB 23, SD 20. I think GB's defense will contain LT...which puts pressure on the non-existant SD WR's.

Bal 20, Az 13. A copy of last week's game?

TB 23, StL 16. If StL can't score more than 16-17 in a dome, how will they do it outside vs. a defense that is underrated?

Pit 20, SF 10. This game should be over at 3:35 EDT. Ball control galore.

Phi 24, Det 14. Look, this is the Eagles' last stand. The defense will come after Kitna. DEtroit has no running game whatsoever. And teh Eagles will rally (this week) around Donovan.

Mia 17, NYJ 16. Maybe the Dolphins are a little more impressive and better than we thought. Taking the Skins to OT the first week? Hanging with the Cowboys (a bit) last week?

Sea 31, Cin 21. I have Hasselbeck starting this week.

Den 16, Jax 13. I have no clue about this game. None.

Car 20, Atl 10. Why I didn't bet the under in the two previous Atlanta game, I don't know....

Was 31, NYG 17. I am ocncerned about a Monday night hangover for the Skins, but the home crowd should help.

Chi 24, Dal 19. I think Romo will throw 2-3 interceptions.

NO 24, Ten 23. A last-second field goal (aided by a controversial penatly) will save the Saints.

Best bets: (Last week: 6-9-1. Overall: 17-13-2).

NE -16 (ugh)
Min +3
Hou +6
GB +5.5
TB -4
SF/Pit under 38
Phi -6
Det/Phi Under 44
Mia +3
Sea -3
Jax/Den Under 35 1/2
Car -3.5
Car/Atl Under 37
Was -3.5
Was/NYG Over 41
Ten +4
6 favorites, 5 dogs, 1 over, 4 unders....

Oh?
Cle 24, Oak 21. We have to win. We can win. So let's go out and do it. It's Luke McCown, for God's sake!

5 comments:

Layup said...

OK, let's see how I do this week:

SD: I'm afraid that this is the team that Eric and Sportsguy are talking about when they mention one team that gets too much credit and it takes Vegas 6 weeks to adjust. With that being said, I'm still going with the Chargers.
Eagles: The line is begging you to take the Lions. BEGGING!!!!
AZ: The Ravens are over-rated and will win, but we will have a cheap cover here.
Browns: Here we go. I think I'm 0-4 when betting on the Browns. I'm holding Eric personally responsible for this.
Skins: Giants are terrible.
49ers: I don't believe in the Steelers.
TN: As Sportsguy states, don't go against a team that hasn't won. But giving that many points, I don't think so.
Dallas: I want to take the Bears, but they are 1-7 ATS.
Dallas Over
49ers Over: 49ers offense will show up. 21-20 49ers.
Seattle
TB: Why is everyone surprised about them?
TB Under
ATL: Yes, they will pull this one out. They are still my sleeper team to go 8-8.
Indy Under: How are the Texans going to score?
Jax:

Layup said...

Let me make a change here. Sorry.

SD
Eagles
AZ
Browns
Skins
49ers
TN
Cowboys
Seattle
TB
Indy Under
Atl Under
TB Under
Giants Over
Dallas Over
SD Under

neild said...

Not to be technical, but I believe the exact Seinfeld quote was they were real and "spectacular."

That is all.

Eric Z said...

Neil:

Of course. Easy miss on my part. Thanks.

Eric Z said...

Derek:

I believe you went 7-7-2, with the Giants over being a push from the lines I posted.