Sep 30, 2007

Comments from a Long Weekend

Went out this weed to Louisville to see Carol and her mom as the family was throwing a party. Carol's mom is not doing well at all and they were throwing a party to gather family and friends for one last time. When it is my time to go (hopefully I will have some notice) I would like the same thing. Very nice and touching for the family and Carol's mom. I'm really glad I went out there even though it was for 36 hours.

Southwest

  • Another Friday at the OC Airport, another delay. Two hour delay that almost had me miss my connection to Louisville. Here is the difference between Southwest and United. While we were being delayed, the CS agent was in constant contact with about 6 people who were connecting in Vegas. They allowed us to pre-board so we would all be at the front of the plane. When we landed in Vegas, there was an agent there that said the connecting flights were holding for us and not to worry. Very nice.
  • Weird trip though. On the way to Vegas I sat next to an older guy who was going out there to meet up with one of his buddies. Very talkative man, who invited me to hang out with him and his friend at the Mirage if I was to miss my flight. Very nice. He ended up leaving me a message on my phone just to make sure. By the way, he was married and had 4 kids.
  • On the trip from Vegas to Louisville I sat next to two guys who were also very talkative. Ended up talking to the one guy for about 2.5 hours about a bunch of random shit. Maybe I will change my stance of no talking no eye contact on flights.
  • Received another $150 voucher from United, now totalling $450 for their miscue from the other month. Not too sure what I'm going to do.

River Boat

  • Took Nana, the 90 year old lady at my wedding, to Caesar's riverboat. She is hardcore. Sit her down at the video poker machine and she is good to go for 5 hours solid. So when her grand daughters told her that it was time to leave after only 1 hour, she flipped her shit. "Why even come? I would of just stayed home if I knew it was going to be like this." Molly told her that she would take her during the week and she yelled at her that it would have to be for the entire day. I jumped in and backed her up and said next time I'm in town Nana and I would get a hotel room at Caesars and stay there for the weekend. Her response? "See he knows what I'm talking about."
  • Had the best craps dealer at Caesars. Nice and on the ball. Packed table with alot of action. Never had to repeat myself, knew when to double up on my craps after the first time I told him how I wanted it, and was super quick. Dealers this good usually gets annoyed with newbies, but was just as courteous to Carol's brother who was just learning. I ended up tipping him abut $25.
  • Is it rude to suggest to one of your friends, or in this case your brother in law, that you should tip? Carol's brother just made about $250 and he was about to walk away from the table and I mentioned to him that he should leave something for the dealers. Same guy didn't tip the drink girl either until I told him to do so. To his credit he did chase down the drink girl and left a couple of bucks for the dealer.
  • Things you never want to hear from your brother in law. "I don't know what it is but I never win when I gamble. Is here room next to you for me to slip in?" Uh.....no??
  • Its great to see a 60 year old bum roll dice like a 5 year old. Shakes the dice in his hand for 10 seconds, and then whips them down the other end like he was The Eck taking out everything in his way.
Black Saturday/Sunday

  • I got destroyed on Saturday, with my only win being the terps. My Pac 10 "Jimmy the Greek" Austin went 0fer which hurt.
  • Sunday was better for me, but destroyed Eric. It was going so bad for Eric, I ended up going with the Giants since he went with the Eagles. Let's see if the Leland opposite pick strategy works with Eric.
  • How many favorites won this weekend?
  • Am I the only one that loves those Coors Light commercials with the coaches in the press conference? They were who we thought they were. Then why did you let them leave with the Coors Light?

No comments: