Sep 10, 2007

Quick Notes from the games yesterday

Took some notes while watching the games in a Browns Backer Bar. Yes, it was me and about 25 Browns fans. Boy I felt sorry for those guys.

1. At the beginning of the Browns game, I was agreeing with Don that they made the right move not to start Quinn since the line could not protect Frye. But after a while, I saw that all the sacks were basically caused by Frye and not the line. I'm glad they pulled Frye for Anderson, but jeez, things didn't get much better. The line is fine. Start Quinn. You are looking at a 2-3 win season anyway, why not get him in there.

2a. Yes, I drank the Browns coolaid and made a very bad decision on betting on the Browns. Ugh.

2b. In the middle of the 1st quarter a Browns fan yelled "Put Nascar on, I'm done watching this crap." Nice.

3. With all my problems with the internet at work, Wiz called me on Saturday to tell me that he is not allowed to text anyone since the SEC doesn't have any oversight on Text messages. Pretty interesting.

4. Was I the only one that was excited and getting sick at the same time while watching those Oreo Pizza commercials from Domino's.

5. Is there anything more fun than wagering on the over? I love rooting for points. From either team. Not only is it fun, it confuses the hell out of everyone else why I'm clapping when both teams score.

6. I was drunk by 11:00am yesterday. Was out on Saturday night with Carol and her friends and was a little hung over the next morning, and then started it off with a cup of coffee and protein shake and right into a Boddingtons. Took care of that hangover real quick.

7. Sportsguy called it for KC. That kicker sucks!!!

8. Did Maryland win? I heard it was close but I don't know what the final score was?

5 comments:

The Dudeman said...

Why would the SEC's oversight limitations have any bearing on what Wiz is and isn't allowed to do? He honestly can't send you a text message that says 'hello'? I just don't get why that would be prohibited.

Layup said...

Correct. Since they don't know if he is texting info about stocks and shit, they ban it all together.

Wiz, please explain.

The Dudeman said...

Wow, that seems to me like it would be illegal. I would think that texting would be considered protected free speech. If they can't monitor it then that's their problem. Of course, they could monitor it if they wanted to. It's pretty common practice to get text message records and all the carriers keep them.

Wiz said...

Company owned phone so they can do whatever they want. They can monitor my email but not text messages.

Layup said...

sorry RRD. I live in OC where no one watches nascar.