Jun 6, 2007

Wine and the Oakland Raiders


I swear, these stories are the absolute truth.

1. A perk of traveling abraod with P&G is that we get to sit in business class when flying overseas. (Sadly, traveling to Mexico is not approved for business class - back I go into coach on a Mexicana flight - but that's another story).

Anyway, on my latest trip to France last week, I was served a wonderful Shiraz. I think it was the best Shiraz I ever had. It was from an Australian vineyard.

I was determined to remember the name, so I took a look at the bottle, and associated it with an Oakland quarterback. "Remember that", I told myself. "The name of the winery is an Oakland QB". I wanted to make sure I could find it at home.

So, of course, by the 2nd day in France, I forgot the name but remember the Oakland QB part. We then went to a restaurant where they served all sorts of red wine..... and one of the Shiraz's listed was from Australia and was from "Stableford Ridge".

Something told me this wasn't it. The name didn't ring a bell. And now, dammit, Ken Stabler was in my head!

The next 2 days I was racking my brain trying to figure out the QB and the name of that wine. Was it:

"Evans Home"?

"George Mist"?

"Tuiasosopo Canyon"?

No, no, no.
So I got on the flight home - and there it was! The same wine!

"Plunkett Farms"

I'll never forget that name now.

2) How to make a kid eat healthier: Freddie lost a tooth 3 weeks ago, and his new adult tooth is coming in nicely. He is now acting like a proud parent and will do nothing at all to harm that tooth. This includes making sure he eats healthy so he has no tooth decay.

He has now sworn off candy, junk food, and even chocolate milk.

We're not about to dissuade him otherwise.

4 comments:

jorge blogsada said...

Bartles and Maranovich Methberry wine cooler?

The Dudeman said...

Just for the record, all Shiraz is from Australia. If it's not from there, it's not Shiraz. Syrah is made from the same type of grapes, but if they're grown in California it's called Syrah for some strange reason.

dzahn07 said...

Was going to come up with something that involved Hostetler, but I think Jorge knocked it out of the park with his. And Dude, thanks for being a snob.

Eric Z said...

Brad:

I did not know that! Who says this isn't an educational web site?

And good luck this weekend!