Jun 1, 2007

Cleveland Rocks!!!

Eric, Cleveland has their greatest hoops win in franchise history any you are seriously thinking of coming back into the country??!??! Shouldn't you extend your stay through the end of June just to be safe? Besides, if they make it to the finals and have to play Tony Parker, you can shout obnoxious things to all the French supporters!! I am picturing Eric walking around in the Orange Tim Couch jersey yelling at a bunch of french ninnies in berrets.

Here is what Eric WOULD have been thinking if he had been stateside for last nights events.

End of 1st half - Cavs are down one:
"We are still in this! Yes!"

5:00 minute mark in the Fourth Quarter - Cavs down 5 and looks like its slipping away:
"Oh no, I will never see a Cleveland Championship in any sport!! I think the Rock and Roll HOF just collapsed. I think they took the Drew Carey show out of Syndication. I think a Browns draft pick just got injuried in minicamp. Whyyyyyyyyyyy meeeeeeeeee!?!?!!?!!?"

2:00 in the 4th qtr - LeBron starts to REALLY take over:
"They are getting my hopes up again!!"

Flips channel over to the Tribe crushing the Tigers:
"Ha!! Way to go Tribe, did they even play in Boston this week? Those games seem like a distant memory - back on track! Yippee!"

LeBron makes final shot and Cavs win, Tribe cruise to big win over Verlander:
"Holy Bleep!!!!! I am going to set my Tivo to record ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNNEWS, ESPNDeportes! Cleveland will be the lead story on all programs!!! Hah! Take that New York, LA, Boston!!! I am going to record the NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams just in case Cleveland's victory has crossed over into mainstream national news!!! I can't wait! CLEVELAND ROCKS! CLEVELAND ROCKS! CLEVELAND ROCKS!! :)


The above was all in good fun BTW, I am pulling for King James and the Cavs. That was an amazing game. Single best one-man-band performance I have seen since AI made the finals and dropped 40+ on the LAL in game 1 (and had a classic AI quote after the game saying (when asked if he was tired) "Fatigue? Thats just clothes to me. Army fatigues. I don't know no fatigues". I would put it right up there with AI and MJ performance in the garden. Sure MJ, Bird, Magic all have had monster games in the playoffs, but the majority of their huge games they were playing on the favored team. The MJ performance in 86 is the exception. You hang 63 in the Garden (playoff record - there have been a few playoff games in that building) against one of the greatest teams in NBA history.... That gets number 1 in my book. But this was pretty close.

If the Cavs do win and have to play the Spurs there are a lot of similarities between that AI squad and this Cavs team. Playing a heavily favored, experienced championship team, with some super stars. In that series if Raja bell makes a floater in game 2 they have the LAL down 0-2 going back to Philly. The Lakers probably still win, but it certainly would have made it a more interesting series.

No comments: