Jun 7, 2007

Morning thoughts

Coming into work this morning, I discovered four things:

1. American Pie's singer was a guy. I always thought that this was done by a women. Hmmm...Don McLean? Didn't know that. Changes my entire outlook on life. And that song still doesn't make sense to me today.

2. I listened to Kenny Logins "I'm Alright" for the first time outside of the Caddyshack movie. First, the song is a little more edgier than I expected. Secondly, what pops in your head when you listen to that song? For me, I was thinking about the gopher for at least 50% of the song. People say that I remind them of the gopher when I dance. I'm still not sure if this is a compliment or not? And I have a new found respect for Kenny Logins after finding out from RRD and Wiz that he does the Masters music.

3. The A's are officially in the wild card hunt. The Angels team is getting healthy and looking very tough. Despite winning 5 in a row, we have only been able to gain 1 game on the Angels. Its interesting that I'm actually rooting for the Yanks to beat the White Sox, since they are closer to us than the Yanks for the Wild Card. And we still have 6 games left with the Tigers, which should make this very entertaining.

4. Baseball-Reference.com has expanded their coverage on baseball. It is now a link dump which is great, along with current standings and data for the current year. I absolutely love it.

4 comments:

Eric Z said...

1. "And I know that you're in love with him...." - that didn't give it away?

2. I hate to break this to you , but no - that's not a compliment.

(I've been compared to a washing machine.... I think that's an insult - but like you, I'm still not sure).

laurad said...

Did you think it was Dawn McLean instead of Don McLean?

I always thought that song was about the plane crash that killed Buddy Holly and Ritchie (La Bamba) Valens. Although I prefer to think that the day the music died was when the Pixies broke up in the early 90's.

mer said...

I found this interesting:

http://wilstar.com/midi/americanpie-print.htm

RRD said...

I hate to retract my earlier statement on KL, but it was a guy named Neil Loggins who was responsible for The Masters theme. For all intents and purposes, he should have to cede ownership to KL.