Jun 2, 2007

Blockbuster

So I've been a loyal Blockbuster customer for about 12 years. I stuck with them through the ridiculous late fees and consolidation of their stores. I never bought into Netflix, since I'm the type of person that goes through movie spurts. I'll go a month without renting and then I'll spend a weekend watching 6-8 movies. With Netflix I can't do that. So the other day while I was in Blockbuster, I saw that they have the same type of online/mail system as Netflix. I asked one of the employees about it and he told me that it blows Netflix away. Basically you just order a movie online and they mail it to you. Then you can return the envelope and the movie back to the store and they give you free movie coupon every time you do this. So your telling me that I can return the movie to the store, and get a free movie while I wait for the other movie in the mail? Yup. And I can do this every time, this is not a special. Not too shabby.

So when I saw that RRD was asking if it was worth getting Netflix, I would say no. But the Blockbuster deal seems to be really good. $9 a month seems to be fair, and I don't have to wait for movies if I don't want to since I get that one free movie every time I go to Blockbuster.

1 comment:

mer said...

Blockbuster pissed me off such that I have no loyalty. When they took away away my keychain card because I wouldn't renew their reward program I stopped renting there. Speaking of loyalty after my last Vegas trip I have no loyalty to Hertz or Continental but that's another story.