Jun 21, 2007

MB RIP

Well another one of my favorite players leaves today, with Milton Bradley being designated for assignment. I can't really complain since he got re injured last night, one day since returning from the DL, which was his third stint for the year. I'm sure he was going back on again and the chances of him actually contributing this year was probably slim.

Everyone loved to slam MB for his attitude and temper. But watching him play in LA for a year and then watching him for the past two in Oakland, he has been wonderful. He is intense, but he is a team player. He is the first one out of the dugout to congratulate people and his teammates love him. He also had some tremendous hits for us as well.

I think I should blame myself on this one. Every single one of my favorite players from Oakland has either been traded or let go shortly after me either getting a jersey, tee-shirt, or poster of the guy. Canseco-Todd Stottlemyre-Stairs-Brosius-Giambi-Byrnes-Bradley.

2 comments:

The Dudeman said...

I don't know much about him as a ballplayer, but he's made some really kick-ass boardgames.

Eric Z said...

Wow. That jersey lists rivals my Couch-W Green-Dilfer (!)-Garcia-Frye quinella of jerseys in my closet!