Apr 2, 2007

Opening Day

Is there a more unproductive work day than today? I know that the opening rounds of the NCAA Basketball Tournament is bad, but most people take off the afternoon to watch the games, but for opening day, hardly anyone takes off and just monitors the games. Below are my top five most unproductive days at work:

1. Opening Round of the NCAAs (when I don't take off)
2. Opening Day of Baseball
3. Opening Rounds of the 4 majors
4. Opening week of the baseball playoffs
5. Ryder Cup

Man, after doing this, I really miss being in Baltimore. When I was a supervisor and CR, there was a group of us that would go to Padonia Station or the Turf Inn to watch these events during the afternoon. Man it was great not having any responsibility and being able to ditch the afternoon by saying that you were working in the field or at home. Those were the days.

Baseball preview will be posted later on today.

2 comments:

Don said...

Now that baseball has started, I no longer have to watch Ron Gruden's brother coach a meaningless AFL game at the local Applebee's here in Lima. Yes, that is how pathetic my life is right now.

Note to the AFL, I would rather watch Women's pro basketball.

Eric Z said...

No you wouldn't. You're just lying.

Women's golf? Yes, definitely better than the AFL.