Apr 11, 2007

The Big Day is here!

At 7 pm FST (French Standard time), or 8 am HST (Hawaiian time, for Leland), the 2007 NFL schedule will be released.

Rest assured that I will not be expecting ANY primetime games for the Browns. We are playing the AFC East this year - you think a major network will waste a Pats game showing a game in Cleveland? - and the NFC West....no one will be clamoring for that great 49ers/Browns game either.

Last year, I hoped for an easy home opener to start the season right; I got it, as the 2006 season opened in Cleveland vs. New Orleans. Whoops....

This year, I'm hoping for a road game against a opponent of medium strength - a game we could win, but I won't be devastated if we lose. Say, St. Louis? The Jets?

And I got the go-ahead for this year to be the year I take Freddie to his first game. I think (at 6) he will be old enough. Maybe a fall game against a fellow sub-.500 team, like a September game at home vs. Houston? Buffalo?

We shall see....

1 comment:

Eric Z said...

No.

No no no no no no no.

What the hell is that?

3 out of our first 4 games are divisional games? ALL of them at home?

No no no no.