Apr 5, 2007

Starbucks

I can't tell you the last time I wrote about Starbucks. Gone are the days of working there with all of the soccer moms and their crazy kids. But what makes me revisit this morning was something magical that happened on my way up to LA. I stopped by Starbucks since I forgot to load up the coffee maker last night and I was running behind schedule. Had to get out of the house by 4:45am or I would hit major LA traffic. Stopped at Starbucks just north of LA and had my usual coffee, but decided to try their new breakfast sandwiches. WOW!!!!! As Will Ferrell would say, it was mindbottling. I had the bacon egg and cheese on an english muffin with an added pound of butter. Boys, this thing is worth the $3. This puts Dunkin Donuts microwave sandwich to shame. I'm speechless right now. Everyone have an excellent morning.

7 comments:

The Dudeman said...

I sure hope someone else still comments on this after me...

32

No one seems to believe me that the Twix/Mt. Dew diet really keeps the pounds off...

dzahn07 said...

Solid 38. Another day of not walking or running and I can be a nice and easy 40.

And Curr, I have a nice coffee maker. I've started to grind my own beans and this makes a huge difference.

Buck Super Stereo said...

36 most days, but depending on the heat setting on the dryer, i could easily use a 38 some days.

and the grind thing doesn't make a diff....aside from the pre-packaged stuff (which is really good) you can get a filter to use your own grounds. so, its still one of the best things around.

neild said...

I'm down to a 36, but I'm not sure that the Dude's weight loss method would work for everyone. Or should I make that anyone else.

dzahn07 said...

Oh Currier. I couldn't disagree with you more. I used to buy nice quality ground coffee and I thought it was good. Then Carol's friends Dad introduced me to this grinder, a charcole (sp?) filter and some south american beans and it has taken my coffee addiction to a new level.

Buck Super Stereo said...

misintrepetation of my grind comments

you can buy a filter for this single serve machine that allows you to put your own grounds in rather than buying the pre-packaged single serve coffees they sell.

special filter to machine + grounds (whether ground at factory, at store, or at home) = pure coffee bliss in a manner of minutes. its like having a coffee shop in your kitchen.

i can't believe i'm going back and forth about coffee. what a fucking old guy i've become.

Schillzilla said...

34

Although, I've never had a cup of coffee in my life.