Apr 28, 2007

Opening Day

Today is the big day! Freddie's T-ball league has their first game today - first pitch is 11:00 am ET. (although since there are no pitches, what is it called? Tee off time?)
Two defensive coaches are allowed to be in the field - so I guess I will be out there helping to yell at the kids to follow the ground ball instead of the butterfly. We'll see how that goes.

We just got back from the opening day parade - a 1 mile truck ride through a local neighborhood. Gapper - the Reds mascot pictured provocatively here - was present; as soon as Freddie saw him, he yelled "BOOOOOOOO!". I was secretly proud, even though I officially told him he can like the Reds too.

During the parade, one of the kids broke into song. He was singing Sir Mix-a-Lot: "I like big butts and I can not lie....." Ummm, not sure if I want to have Freddie hear that yet. Kermit, are you sure you don't have an illegitimate son down here in Cincinnati? This was your favorite song from, oh, 1994-2000.

No comments: