Jan 23, 2007

State of the Union

First, let me retrack everything I said about the Sheraton 4 Points hotel. They had free pie. And good free pie!!!!

So I'm trying to decide which coverage to watch for the state of the union.

CNN- Wolf Blitzer is an idiot. He stated that the VP could not become President while good ole Paula Zahn tried to cover up for him. Not watching this.
MSNBC- Oberman???? Really? This is who you want covering this? Chris Matthews is there as well, but Oberman is a bigger idiot than Blitzer. Nope not this either, but I will come back to it since they seem to have an all star.
Fox- Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Mr. "I have the lowest and slowest voice in the world" Hume. Oh!! Bill Cystal. I like him. I'll stay on here for a while I guess.

Heading quickly back down to the front desk to try another slice of pie.

So here are a few things on the state of the union:


  • Introductions: Purple Tie Cheney? OK. Pelosi you look very nice. Bush, very nice words to Pelosi. All in all probably the nicest part of the entire evening. Too bad I don't have Tivo.
  • Are there two more contrasting figures behind Bush? Cheney looking like the dad who is trying to control his kids by shooting them annoyed and disapproving looks across the room. And what is up with his smirk. And Pelosi....well she looks less like Skeletor like tonight. Maybe the doctors loosened up her skin a little bit. Is there something in her teeth or just dry lips.
  • Is Kennedy working on his college basketball picks? "Umass plus 8? I'll take it everyday of the week."
  • McCain...ugh. Loss some weight or get new skin. Looks like a stuffed sausage.
  • Immigration...whatever. Bunch of BS.
  • Why isn't anyone clapping on the energy talk? Half the people aren't doing anything. Oh Bush and company have been talking about this for 8+ years with no results. Its getting old isn't it.
  • Wait a second, is Cheney chewing gum? Or is it his tongue. His eyes are burning through me right now.
  • Jesus I don't feel well. I forgot to tell you that I ate a bucket of KFC before the pie. I'm so sleepy right now and can't continue. I'm going to bed for a little bit. Wow, I really don't feel so good.

OK, I'm back. Eyes half closed and ready to go to bed. Overall, decent job by Bush. I think this was the last time I ever eat Fried Chicken.

No comments: