Jan 13, 2007

Divisional Round picks

I know I'm a little late here, but I had these picks made and in before kick off. I'll try to capture my thoughts before the games...

Bal 27, Ind 17. I was completely 100% with Derek on this - Peyton hasn't proved himself ever on the road in the playoffs; he's going to start now in Baltimore?

Well, it turns out he didn't - 170 yds, 0 TD/2Int - but McNair and the Ravens O were awful.

I think this is one prediction I am very, very happy to get wrong.

By the way, how bad are sportswriters? Peyton's comment after the game:
"I'm not sure if we ever won one before in the nine years I've played here without scoring a touchdown. My guess is no," Manning said.

Well, it took me 20 seconds to bring this up. I swear, am I the only one that can recite games from 3-4 years ago?

New Orleans 34, Philadelphia 17. I thought NO would put up some scores; I never would have guessed that Garcia and the Philly O would look this good.

Chicago 16, Seattle 13. Seattle - or Rex Grossman - will find ways to keep this close. As the Miller High Life delivery guy may say...."you're giving 9 1/2 points with Rex Grossman as your QB? You're out of your freaking mind....".

San Diego 27, New England 20. San Diego is too talented, guys. And New England is not that good. They lost to the Jets! Let me remind you that even Cleveland beat the Jets.

Speaking of Cleveland, we have Bill Belichick vs Marty Schottenheimer in this game. Does this mean that the 2014 NFC Championship Game would be Chris Palmer's Minnesota Vikings vs. Butch Davis's Dallas Cowboys? God, this is sickening.

Oh wow - Bush just dropped the pitch with 3 minutes left. Wow.

Anyway, the final stats for the picks:

Week 17:
Eric : 8-8; overall: 140-124-8
Derek: 0-0; overall: 125-131-1
even if Derek went 16-0 in week 17, it wouldn't make a difference.

Eric last week: 3-1. Now overall: 143-125-8

6 picks this week:
Bal -4
NO -5.5
Phi/NO Over 48.5
Sea +9.5
Chi/Sea Under 37
SD -4.5

1 comment:

dzahn07 said...

Marty! Marty! Marty! While its not your fault that your player went bezerk and cost the team with 6 minutes left it is your fault on the challenge play. Way to waste a timeout in the 4th quarter.

And for the media to defend SD when the Pats did the Merriweather dance on their logo is stupid. SD players celebrate after every play except for LDT.