Jan 18, 2007

Quickie

A couple of quick notes for this morning:

1. How does Marty get another year? Screw these teams and their fan base that continue to execute and support decisions like this. Listening to the morning talk show and everyone from the host to the callers were supporting this move. All of a sudden, it is not Marty's fault. On Monday everyone from the host to the callers were stating that if Marty comes back then the organization isn't committed to winning a superbowl. Ugh. Have fun San Diego.

2. Health Insurance- Over the past 10 years I have only been to the doctors when I'm sick. Its usually a quick visit and I get some medication, so I really could really care less about who the doctor is. But now I'm getting older and have a little more complex issues, so when choosing a doctor it becomes more than "Is is less than a mile down the road" and more like "who the heck is the guy/gal. Well, Carol was reviewing a list of doctors in a 25 mile area and only one got his/her doctorate from a college within the US. So when choosing foreign colleges would you prefer one from Mexico or India? I'm going with India.

3. It snowed here. Well not in my neck of the woods since I live in paradise, but up in Malibu. Crazy. It's so cold here over the last month. Ugh. I wouldn't really mind the temps, but I'm trying to recruit some people from the Mid West and PA and its sucks since its warmer back there than it is here.

4. American Idol- I never used to watch this show but I tried it out this year because I got embarrassed in our "American Idol" pool at work last year. I think I had Beth (Brad's girl) fill it out for me and I did terrible. I want to win this thing so I'm trying to do my homework. This pool actually paid out $100 last year.

5. Speaking of office events, we are starting to plan our March of Dimes activities this year. Last year we had a Fischer price basketball shot tournament and an office miniature golf championship. Any other ideas from the group on what I can add on for this? Some type of sporting event that can be done in the office?

2 comments:

Eric Z said...

Sports in the office:

- paper football,
- darts (or jarts, if your ceilings are high enough and your carpeting is shaggy enough)
- ping pong on desks
- wastebasket basketball (or, you could borrow those numbered buckets from teh old Bozo the Clown show...)

jorge blogsada said...

1. My new doctor got his degree from the Dominican Republic. I like him quite a bit, but I think he tired of me asking if he used to eat plantains with Tony Fernandez's cousin while at med school.
2. Love the bozo buckets.