Jan 18, 2007

Random thoughts

Quick thoughts, mostly non-sports related:

1) Who decided that the sizing for pants' length should be in multiples of 2? You can by 30" length slacks, or 32". I think I am a perfect 31". A 2" gap between sizes is too much. When I wear 32"s, I feel like I am sweepingthe floor; when I wear 30"s, I think everyone can see my socks. It's pissing me off.

2) I asked some of you this earlier ths week - so let's take a formal poll. Without looking, you have 9-9 vs. a Dealer 3. What do you do?

3) Speaking of gambling, I found $3 craps - $3!!! - at the Belterra on Monday morning. Wow. That was on the verge of dis-interesting, if you know what I mean. I found myself watching ESPN for 20-30 seconds at a time since I wasn't highly financially involved. Does this make sense? (thank God the dice were ice cold..... else it could have been a lot worse.)

4) Like Derek, I am finding my self watching this installment of American Idol...and now I am hooked. Tue at 8? Yes sir, Fox, I'll be there.
(this means I'll discover 24 in, oh, 2009 or so....)

5) Snowing in Malibu? Maybe Derek needs these recipes for warm winter drinks. Me? I'm drinking SoCo and Cola on my porch in 45 degree weather. (to be fair, it actually got to 20 two nights ago....)

6) Not to gross anyone out or anything, but every have the urge to take a piss and crap - but you only have time for the piss? That's painful.

7) Sports: my thoughts on the AFC Championship is in the comments for Jay's post...
- NFC: How good IS the Bears' D when they let up 24 to Seattle at home? Seattle had a QB with a broken hand and Alexander with a okay front line. I may bne smelling upset here.
- Basketball - The Cavs are in 1st overall in the East! This means they get to be the ones who get swept by the Suns/Mavs in the NBA Finals. (Or did I gooch them already by putting them in the Finals? Does this mean they'll lose in the 1st round to the 8th seed Celtics?)

3 comments:

dzahn07 said...

1. What is stopping you from rolling them up? Do you think it won't go with your turtle neck?

2. I can't think for myself anymore in BJ. I must have the card. Lee??

3. Yes. Just like a $3 BJ table. My mind starts to wander and the next thing you know you are down $100. Ugh.

4. Mine is gambling related. What is your reason?

5. N/A

6. Have you ever been pissing and you think you have a fart building up and then try and let it loose, but it ends up being a turd? And then you try to cut it off and you think you did, but then you have to run into the stall to double check, but you still have to pee. Nope, me neither.

7. NFC- I'm taking the Bears in this one.

Schillzilla said...

2. Say to nobody in particular "Aww crap what the heck do I do here?" Then I'll probably just stand. I hate a dealer three!!!! It sucks!

4. Sad to say I have been watching Idol for a few years now. It really is getting repetitive and thus far nobody looks really good, and even the bad people really aren't all that funny. I think they have scraped all the actual talent already.

7. I like the Saints unless the weather is totally unruly. The Celtics with their rash of injuries seem like they are focusing in on the Greg Oden sweepstakes. Pierce was supposed to be out three weeks with a foot injury, but they lost 8 of their last 10 and now the whispers are the All Star break. Oh well, at least Al Jefferson is starting to show something after two disappointing seasons.

jorge blogsada said...

Eric:

I too feel caught betwixt and between, looking for 31's. Of course I think you're taller than me, so maybe you're not hiking your pants to the proper position. You have to be careful, if you go to high you end looking like those russian dolls. Not high enough, and you get the Pueblo Indian Overhang on top of the belt. This isn't really accurate "archistorically" speaking, but I'm afraid you know what I'm talking about.

As for Gates v. Jobs, I've always enjoyed Steve Wozniak. He kind of looks like a cooler version of former Labor Secretary and current elf, Robert Reich. Also whereas Gates has gone all Bono and Jobs is all about ishit branding, Wozniak appears on real nerd forums to discuss things like hacking telephone systems in the early 70's.