Jan 22, 2007

The 4 point shithole

Have I ever talked about Fresno? I can't remember so just in case I haven't, Fresno is a shithole. Stay out of Fresno at all costs. I'm up here for 3 days for meetings and I got lazy and didn't book my hotel until the last minute. All the hotels in the nice part of town were booked for some reason so I'm close to downtown in a Sheraton 4 Point. Wow, what made me decide on this one? Sheraton 4 Point is the Excalibur of the Sheraton chain. Here are a few highlights of my fabulous hotel:

1. The hotel restaurant is called "The Smuggler".
2. I needed my room key to get into the hallway. Yes the hallway.
3. The Do Not Disturb sign on my door is just a big red piece of paper that says "NO"
4. No lights were on in the room when I walked in, so I hit the switch and I think a 10 watt light bulb was used in the single light that came on in the main room. Expected to see a man in the chair smoking a cigar and asking me where his money was.
5. The Fresno manager asked me where I was staying tonight and I said where, and he chuckled and said "Too bad you just got married, since the prostitutes are cheap down there."
6. Have you ever seen a 27 inch TV wider than it is taller? Nope, its not a plasma but a weird shaped crappy TV. Ugh.
7. There is a 5 cent arcade right next door. No doubt I will wander in there tomorrow after work to check it out.

So can someone please check in with me tomorrow to make sure I'm alive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stayed in a Sheraton 4 Points once in Va. Beach for work. It was the week after the prom and I found a condom wrapper in plain view on the pillowcase.

Eric Z said...

I don't get it. What happened to hotel branding?

Sheraton used to stand for quality - a nice, upscale hotel. Now it's crap. Why would they do this?

I thought Ramada was good too, until I stayed in one. I guess it's competing with the Days Inn of the world.

I guess the safest name in hotels is Holiday Inn Express.

Eric Z said...

And rrd - are you sure that wasn' intentional? Kind of like the chocolate on the pillow?