Jan 13, 2007

picks

So the wedding and honeymoon sidetracked my picks. It sucks since I did fairly well on the bowl picks but couldn't get to a computer or to a phone to call in my picks. Did very well for the first round of the playoffs. No biggie. I concede to Eric.

I'm so freaking giddy about the games this weekend. Colts-Ravens and Chargers-Pats. Holy Shit. I don't remember being this excited about playoff games in a long time. You could make so many arguments for each of these 4 teams to win this game:

Colts:
When was the last time they lost to the Ravens?
Ravens:
Great defense and they are going up against gold ole Peyton.
Chargers:
Best team playing at home.
Pats:
Seems to be peaking at the right time and are going up against Marty.

I'm going with the Braves theory in the AFC this weekend: Don't go against a trend until proven wrong. Peyton will choke and Marty will find a way to lose. Pats and Ravens.

In the NFC, I really have no clue. I'm tired of betting on bad QBs. I'm tired of sitting on the edge of my seat every week watching some shit QB trying to drive 70 yards in the 4th quarter and throwing a bonehead interception costing me another $100. I won't do it anymore. I can't. Grossman is possibly the worst QB I've seen on a good team since, well I don't know actually. I haven't seen this type of play from a QB in a long time. And then there is Hasselback. He is a punk and can't be trusted. Can I bet that the defenses in this game will score more than the offense? Garcia...not bad, but I'm waiting for the wheels to come off. So then there is Brees. But who has New Orleans beat? Philly and Dallas. Hmmm. OK. I'll go with them I guess.

So here are my wagers:
Ravens
Pats
Saints
Seattle and Chicago's defense will score more than both of their offenses.

1 comment:

Don said...

So sad to see the Ravens lose.

Nope ...wait ...what did I say? Am I losing my mind?

So glad to see the Colts pour some salt in the wound. You stole my team. Go Colts.