Aug 25, 2006

Round 2

I will now railroad my day to give you round 2 of some thoughts that I want to share with you before the weekend.

1. Saw The Descent two nights ago and it was absolutely amazing. One of the greatest horror flicks I've seen!!! Not only did I jump out of my seat at least 5 times during the movie, I peed a little when I first saw "the crawler" appear behind the one girl. And yes, I know that I'm a wuss.

2. Do I get any credit for sticking by Justin Timberlake back when it wasn't cool to like him? When Britany dumped his ass, I remember defending him and saying that it was the best thing that could of happened to him. Now look at things. I'm tired of always being a little too early on calling out people that I like. Spice Girls, Olsen Twins, Kristen and LC on Laguna, Krispy Kremes, the double stuffed taco, and yelling out "backdoor action" at the BJ table...the list goes on and on. I think I'm ready to call myself a trend setter. Speaking of which, has anyone heard that song by Fergie? London Bridge? I have no idea what she is saying or singing about, but man that is a catchy tune.

3. Had my second NFL draft last night with the boys from my old softball team. Thought I was doing well until I looked at my roster and saw that I had 2 Cleveland Browns starting. Winslow and Droughns. So Eric, I will be cheering for the Browns this year. 10-6 here we come!!!!

4. NFL Gold Lock of the Year Pick: I was openly laughing at anyone that drafted Culpepper. What makes anyone think that this guy will be any good. Take away Moss and he is worthless. WORTHLESS!!!! Since he was the cornerstone of two of my fantasy teams last year, I remember how bad he was. Take the under for Miami wins this year. I have already booked it.

5. Did Don Vito really get arrested for molesting a 12 and a 14 year old girl? Too funny.

6. Great post over at Athletics Nation about the fall of ESPN. If anything proves this article more is the lack of coverage of the Reds, Cards, Dodgers, and Padres. Reds are tied for 1st for the love of God. Jeez...

7. Had lunch with an insurance agent the other day. Really didn't want to go since he sounded old on the phone and I've been so busy at work that I didn't want to take the time to go out with him. I get there at his agency and he has a sign up stating that he has been with the company for 60 years. 60!!! He also served in WW2 and Korea as a fighter pilot. Took some time off to help train pilots to land on aircraft carriers at night in bad weather. So many fascinating stories about Europe and Korea that lunch last close to two hours. If you ever have a chance to talk to someone who served in WW2, take some time and just listen to all the amazing stories. I have set up another lunch with him next month.

8. Cats- I was going to write something nice about Carol's cats who have been visiting me for the past week, but after last nights battle, I now hate them. Tipping over cups of water, jumping on my head every hour, snoring, scratching random things, getting cat hair all over the place, and just generally unfriendly, I now don't want any cats in my place. Ugh, this should be an interesting conversation with Carol.

9. So I've been holding off writing about the A's since I don't want to gooch them, but they continue to churn out another great August. 5.5 games up with 35 games left. Loiza looking great. Bullpen holding steady even with Street out. Thomas and Bradley are awesome as our 3-4. Payton, Kendall, and Kotsay playing above average. Chavez and Swisher are trying to overcome injuries and sickness while still playing everyday. We need these two healthy asap!!!

2 comments:

RRD said...

Scary movie, JT, and cats. Did you accidentally sit on an estrogen needle?

Don said...

Don't get me started on ESPN.

What the hell happened to them? I'm still waiting for an apology from them for ripping Tressel and OSU on how they abused poor little Maurice. Please. Spare me.

2 years ago, I get up early saturday morning, hit the work out room and turn on SportsCenter at the top of hour. They spend the first 20 mintues on a regular season NBA game between Kobe and Shaq. Too bad the NCAA 1st round was on the night before. I guess those games can wait. There is a reason why that weekend is in the top three at Veags.

ESPN is now about the almighty $$$. Don't fool yourself on this one.