Aug 30, 2006

I love my team, I hate my team

Yes, going to bore you with the results of my fantasy drafts.

I have already been in two draft - the first is an ultra-competitive church league with 10 players; the second is a $100 league with 12 players.

The church league (10 teams: in parentheses is the round that I drafted the player):

QB: Bulger (4)
Simms (11)
RB: Tomlinson (1)
C Taylor (3)
Gore (9)
WR: Fitzgerald (2)
Evans (6)
Horn (8)
Edwards (10)
Toomer (14)
TE: Gates (5)
Winslow (16)
K: Elam (12)
Wilkins (15)
Def: Chi (7)
Sea (13).

Very happy with my running backs; shocked that Gates fell to me in the 5th round. Derek is apopletic about the Evans pick in the 6th round, but I have a good feeling about him.

I am a big believer in picking up 2 good defenses, so you can play matchup each week; you also have to understand who everyone is playing during your league's playoff weeks. Sea has SF on week 15 and Chi has Det on week 16....

Now, for the big money league with 12 teams:
QB: E Manning (2)
Warner (11)
RB: S Jackson (1)
C Taylor (3)
Lundy (7)
Duckett (14)
WR: Ward (4)
Driver (5)
Keyshawn Johnson (8)
Bryant (10)
Toomer (13)
TE: Crumpler (6)
Stephens (15)
Def: Pit (9)
Mia (12)
K: Bironas (16)
Dawson (17)

Not feeling good after this. Having the 8th overall pick sucked - other options were R Brown (no), Jordan (no no no), C Williams (sophomore slump), Palmer (I thought about it). Eli in the 2nd is a risk; so is Driver and Keyshawn. I can't believe that Duckett fell that far - the 45th RB to go in the draft! I realized too late the Stephens and Crumpler are on the same bye week. Crap. Defenses are solid, and I really, really like Bironas. And I have my token Brown in Phil Dawson!

4 comments:

RRD said...

In draft #2, what other QBs were on the when you picked Manning?

dzahn07 said...

At least you don't have 3 Browns on your team, like I do. Droughns, Davis (we select defensive players), and Stover. And the sad thing is that I wanted Winslow and Edwards. Imagine that. 5 Browns!!!!!

Eric Z said...

How dare you, Derek.. How dare you! I demand a public apology.

rrd - I forget the order, so I can answer later, but Delhomme was definitely on the board. I'm sure Brady and Palmer were gone

dzahn07 said...

I meant Dawson, not Stover. And this is what pisses Eric off? Not the fact that I trashed the Browns offense, but rather I got a Raven confused with a Brown.