Aug 28, 2006

Deadspin and Oddjack

OK, one of my regular sites has become the fabulous deadspin.com. Ccomical sports coverage with the best part being the comments section of each post. So today I was reviewing their Kyle Orton pictures and went into their old links to a site called oddjack. Has anyone heard of this site before? Looks to have massive amounts of meaningless gambling input for us losers to mull over on Fridays. Since I'm out of the business now, I'm sure I'll start to dable a little on some games and I might start to use this site. Nothing to look at right now, so I'll make sure it gets posted before the season starts.
http://www.oddjack.com/

Also, can we all give it up for Vin Scully? This guy is amazing. Tell me how he is not doing the World Series games? No cheesy color announcer, no random repeating of junk, and no self centered references. Just great play by play with great delivery. Does everyone know that he does all the games by himself? And he doesn't miss a beat. It would be perfect to see him do another world series and hear the feedback.

Finally, I just wanted to say it was nice to see the A's spank the Red Sox B Team. Why the hell would the Sox sit both Ortiz and Ramirez? Loiaza has been on fire recently. Did the Sox really think they had a chance without the two best hitters on the team? Don't know, but thank you Francona. 6.5 games up. Goodnight.

6 comments:

Other Brad said...

I think Manny was hurt.

Eric Z said...

And Ortiz has a heart problem that is requiring doctors to look at him...


What does "6.5 games up. Goodnight." mean? Derek, are you really that dumb?

dzahn07 said...

What??? As you can see by the time of the post, I was wishing everyone a goodnight. Not saying goodnight to the rest of the division. You should know me better.

Eric Z said...

And I second your motion about giving it up for Vin. He is what a baseball announcer should be.

It is surprising that you, of all people, would nominate Vin....

"High fly ball to right field....she is.....GONE!"

dzahn07 said...

"I don't believe what I just saw"

Yeah its tough but he deserves the respect.

Eric Z said...

No, that was Jack Buck. Another great baseball announcer.

"And we'll see you.... tomorrow night!"