Apr 5, 2006

Random Thoughts

Sitting here watching the 1986 Masters tape - an annual Masters week tradition. It's hard to believe this was 20 years ago - and yet, as I see the equipment and the fashion, it could be a lifetime away. Seve in the 2nd round hit a 5 wood (actually, a 5 metal - one of those old Taylor Made first generation metal woods) from 210 or so to about 12 feet. Drives of 300 yards were spectacular feats. Wow. (My mannerisms on the course are so much like Tom Kite's, it's scary).

Big win for the Tribe today - 2 of 3 vs the Sox in Chicago. It is a statement.

Love the NFL "flexible" schedule. Basically, all games are scheduled for 1 pm on Sunday for the last 8 weeks of the season; CBS/Fox/NBC can then move the game to 4 (or 8, for NBC) to get the best matchups. It may cause logistical problems for fans like me who tries to plan trips 4 months in advance - but that means the Browns would then be doing well.

THe schedule will be released tomorrow. Let's see what week Denver comes to Cleveland - maybe Derek will come into town and we can go to that game.

Who will win the Masters? I have a feeling that Tiger won't; I don't believe in Phil; I'm not sold on Els or Vijay this year - so that leaves someone line Weir or Goosen or a darkhorse like Campbell (either of them). What about Olazabal? He always plays well here.

Woke up this morning with something like a "NyQuil Hangover". You know the feeling when you are sick, take NyQuil - and then are too drowsy to get up in the morning? Well, that's what the muscle relaxers that I'm on are doing to me. At 6:30, my mind was saying "Get out of bed - NOW", and my body is telling my mind to f off - I have no energy and I'm just going to lay here.

My body won.

Why would the Duke lacrosse coach resign? To me, this means there is something to the allegations. This could get real, real ugly.

Look for an open thread tomorrow for the Masters.

1 comment:

RRD said...

I really like Luke Donald this week.

I look forward to the Masters thread.