Apr 2, 2006

Ramblings on a Sunday night while waiting for Cognos to update

  • McCain sucks. His Meet the Press appearance was terrible. At least for me. Double talking piece of shit. No way is he going to win in 2008.
  • Was in Costco yesterday to buy new patches and had to watch a 6-5 guy make out with a 5-6 girl in front of me in the checkout line. Was about 4 hours late on the patch and I was about to ask them to stop, when the big guy said I could go in front of them since I only had one item. That one quick timely line from that guy probably saved me a black eye and a broken rib.
  • What a let down tonight for baseball. A freakin rain delay. Good planning on having the opening night in the North Midwest.
  • Anyone watch 60 minutes? Why wasn't Osama's bodyguard and his son killed on the spot? The kid wants to be an engineer, but his dad said that he wants him to be a martyr? Unbelievable.
  • OH, my NL predictions? Ok, lets see....Dodgers in the West since everyone else is just terrible. Braves in the East since I learned my lesson two years ago, and I'll go with Houston in the Central since Clemens will be back by June and will carry that team to the title. And the Cards will win the Wild Card. Dodgers over Cards. Houston over Braves. Dodgers over Houston. OK, what the hell has happened to me?
  • Lets go Bruins!!!!! Just one more win from UCLA and I got my Vegas money in hand, meaning that I can get the Xbox360 and the new Dyson vaccum. Exciting Times.
  • Stumbled on the Tim McCarver game just in time for the start of the baseball season. Not too sure if this is old or not, but here are the rules. Grab a bottle and:

1: Drink every time Tim uses a multi-syllable word incorrectly.

2: Drink every time Tim states the obvious like it is a profound insight.

3: Drink every time Tim calls the play wrong.

4: Drink every time Tim gets a player's name wrong.

5: Drink every time one of Tim's inane comments is met with stoney silence by the

other broadcasters in the booth.

OK, now back to work. Good day and good night.

1 comment:

Eric Z said...

there is an update at www.levittsledger.com

Bad news: You are in #23rd now, so you are not guaranteed any money.

Good news: I have confirmed that if UCLA wins, you will be 4th. No idea yet on the amount. But 4th in a pool where the winner gets ~$7500-$9000 should get you a nice chunk of change.

And you have Ryan Fitzgerald to thank for that.