Apr 7, 2006

Am I turning into David Brent....


Crazy shit happening here:
  • More crying in my office. This time involving someone's visit to abotown. Why are they telling me this? No need. Just make the trip, take off a few days, and come back to work. I don't need to know why.
  • Crazy shit involving some new hires in a 3 week training class. I mean crazy shit, involving the police, a rape charge, a false report charge, and a termination. Human Resources wanted me to punish the guy for doing nothing other than being falsely accused.
  • Performed an Ike and Tina duet for the office talent show. Classic.
  • Had to dance with my supervisors and managers in front of the office for a March of Dimes fund raiser. $5 to watch. I had my boy in the crowd to make sure no pictures were taken.
  • Completed the first annual golf challenge in the office. 50 people joined up, top prize a Tiger Woods autographed ball. I made the finals, but ended up shanking my putt on the playoff hole into the office chairs and I came in 6th place. One of my new hires (a young girl) won by sinking a 20 footer. The entire office went nuts.
  • Completed the first annual basketball challenge in the office. I didn't even make it out of the first round. I look back to the glory days when the Gooch and I took a team of 4 girls to the championship against the all male APD group, by draining 3 pointers and Tim Weis chocking at the end. Easily in the top 10 greatest things that I have done in my life. You really don't understand how bad these girls were, and how pissed off the APD group was that we won.
  • Had my first terminated employee hearing this week at the CA department of labor. It is really sad to sit there and watch a grown man cry in front of the judge and try to argue the fact that when he lead his team to cheat on some of our measurements that would involve him and his team getting larger raises, this wasn't misconduct. I hate these people.
  • Do you know how hard it is for me to listen to my employees complain about shit and not get up and smash a table over their heads? Honestly, I'm learning a lot of patience.
  • Received a 16% cash bonus on Wednesday for my efforts and contributions in 2005. This along with a 15% raise and 20% in other company bonus packages, finally makes me feel like I'm getting paid properly for the job that I did for the past three years. I have nearly doubled my salary since moving out here to CA.

1 comment:

jorge blogsada said...

Isn't the whole point of becoming the boss the right to smash things over peoples heads? I think you're projecting to much of a good time sparky anderson, tommy lasagna, ra ra attitude. I think you need more of a billy-reggie blood feud mentality. Everyone needs to be on edge in fear of your next tirade. That's how we get results. Call out your best supervisor in front of everyone and let him ride the corporate pine in front of everyone. Send a message.