Apr 4, 2006

Disabled List

Let's review... who starts the season on the disabled list?

1) C.C. Sabathia - out 3-5 weeks

2) Nomar Garciaparra - placed on the DL today

3) Eric Zahn - out 15 days retroactive to March 31. An "Inflammed Lumbar Muscle" is the diagnosis. I specifially asked him about golf, and he shook his head and said "ummm....not for a couple of weeks".

Well, I certainly won't be ready for the US Open Qualifier on May 15; I'll struggle to be ready for the Cincinnati 2-man championship with Don on May 1-2. Argh.

2 comments:

Don said...

You'll love these quotes ...Mr 7-wood ...from Augusta, GA.

Both defending Masters champion Tiger Woods and Ernie Els said they would be using a 5-wood in competition this week for the first time in ages.

"Oh yeah, I've got my little senior club in there," Woods joked.

Els struggled to remember the last time he hit a 5-wood in competition.

"I think I was in junior golf," he laughed.

RRD said...

Did anyone realize Jimmy Rollins is on a 37 game hit streak? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.