Apr 26, 2006

Cyber Bran

Haven't posted in a while since I'm still trying to recover from Friday night. It's bad when you wake up the next morning and see 3 empty wine bottles and a serious dent in the Vodka, Jack, Baileys, and the Malibu rum, with only 4 people involved. Seeing Ben in the morning stumble into his car in his uniform makes me feel even safer about our border being protected.

Stumbled across a wierd hybrid of Bran cereal in T. Joes the other day. 40% fiber and 14% protein for your daily intake. Cereal with protein? Is the maker Skynet? What the hell is this? I had to try it out and holy shit it was bad, but man it was able to clean out my system and the 5 pounds of chees from the weekend.

Before I foget, does anyone want to comment on that Puljos homer last week, where he absolutely crushed a slider and then chucked his bat directly up in the air? God that might of been the most violent homer I have ever seen. Jay and I were going nutz over it in Vegas and then Jonny commented on it the other night.

Speaking of Vegas, Ben has the itch again to go out in a couple of weeks, so I decided to call the Wynn. Called the Players Club number and my discounted rate was $399 for Friday and $299 for Saturday. Ummmm. Guess I will be taking the free 3 nights at New York New York instead. If I do go back out in May with Ben, that will be my 6th time this year. Jeez.

Can anyone explain the Yo Mamma show to me? Didn't this go out of style like 10 years ago. And that Wilmer V guy from "That 70s Show" is a joke. How did his agent allow him to do this show. Its worth the 30 minutes to just see this train wreck of a show. And as most of you know, I love bad TV, but this is even beyond me.

Finally, when will cable companies start offering A La Carte ordering? For example, if I only want ESPN, NBC, Bravo, MTV, Comedy Central, and AMC with nothing else, will they offer a reduced price?

The West Wing (or Left Wing for you conservatives) has really stepped it up recently. Getting tired of the Josh-Donna storyline though.

Glad to see this making headlines on the Global News page:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4942152.stm

And how much impact do you think the Boston Sports Guy had on this top 5 list:
http://www.maximonline.com/slideshows/index.aspx?imgCollectId=71

And if you have a few hours to waste on the "ESPN's most Cliched catch phrases, it is worth it. http://cracked.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=363

2 comments:

The Dudeman said...

Cable (and satellite, for that matter) companies will start offering A La Carte programming when, and only when, they are forced to by law. And even then, you can rest assured that the per-channel prices will be set such that you end up paying pretty close to the same amount you pay now, depending which channels you choose to get.

And, while A La Carte seems like a good idea in theory, in practice there are some problems. It's too in-depth of a subject for me to cover well here, but if you have some free time read over this article and the posts below it. Lot's of good viewpoints regarding A La Carte and why the cable companies are still going to screw you over even with the A La Carte system.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/73638

Other Brad said...

Yo momma so fat she jumped in the air and got stuck. HA HA!

I will take that show (even with Wilmer's ooo-wee, cash moneee, and tu madre) over any episode of Room Raiders ever. (definitely the worst MTV show ever, and I mean ever.)