Nov 1, 2005

Pet Peeves

Is it just me or does everyone else find it totally appalling to see grown working professionals dress up for Halloween at work? How can you have a meeting with someone wearing a cowboy outfit? I actually yelled at Little Bo Peep yesterday for falling behind on the project plan. I can't deal with this anymore. And I was already in a bad mood since some asshole pissed all over the seat of the designated "Number 2" stall in my office. And it wasn't just a little, it was like the guy was doing pull ups while pissing all over the entire stall and then thinking that this was normal and just leaving!!!!! There will be a full fledged investigation with indictments later on this week.

Other items that just totally makes me go nuts at work:
  • Kids- If another person, brings in their 4 year old in at 1:00pm and then ignores them and lets them run all over the place to terrorize everyone trying to get shit done, I'm going to drop kick them into the parking lot. Now I don't mind infants and new borns, since they don't have the power to snag you stapler and drill it into your knee, or spill your water all over your keyboard, but lets make it as quick as possible and get them out of office. I remember one time back in Baltimore I went in on a Saturday and my clerical supervisor brought in her 6 kids (oldest being 12) while she worked. It was total pandemonium, and it took me almost half the morning on Monday to find all of my stuff.
  • Lunch plans- I need to unwind at lunch, so I either have lunch with Austin, or I go by myself and read the paper. So if I have made it known that I don't want you to associate with me on several different occasions or have chewed you out in a meeting because you can't get something done, please stop asking me if I want to go out to lunch so I don't have to come up with some bullshit excuse.
  • Middle Aged Women (non-management)- Jesus Christ, these women are brutal!!! Not only are they mean to women they don't like in the office, but even to their own friends. They are liars, gossip mongers, and are just plain depressing. If they aren't backstabbing one of their friends, then they are complaining about their husbands or how bad their kids are at home. Heaven forbid if they aren't married or don't have any kids and someone in the office that they don't like is either engaged or pregnant, its turns into depression alley and nobody gets any work done. The only good thing about this is that their anger is always against other women and not the men in the office. Oh and they always bring me in food.

2 comments:

RRD said...

Fantastic diatribe. I hate office restrooms, and refuse to use the restroom on my floor. I've started just pissing in my trashcan if no one is around.

Zeitgeber said...

I work for the government and this year we had a horse, the grim reaper, a lost in the washer clothing monster (seriously, she had underwear and socks and other articles of clothing safety pinned all over her body), Jesus (which was quite a funny sight watching him give a double red blood donation at our blood drive that occurred on the same day, blood comes out one arm, back in the other), The 40 Year Old Virgin and Batman and Robin. I can usually deal with the costumes, it's the people who like to "play" the part all day that annoy me. It's back in the bat cave is not an acceptable response to my request for an employee's job description and that's honestly what a manager told me last Monday.

I don't know what's more annoying, the pee on the seat thing or the ridiculous rhymes people keep posting inside the bathrooms to get people to stop peeing on the seat. People who pee on seats aren't going to stop just because you've asked them to be a sweetie and wipe the seatie.