Nov 11, 2005

Music

Is there any reliable place out there to get CDs? I usually use the Barnes and Noble internet site to order CDs, but when I want a CD now, I can never seem to find a place that has the selection that is acceptable to my standards, which isn't that high to begin with. I can only imagine what Jay, Curr, and Jon go through with Jon's obscure Dutch bands, Jay's old Blues and Rock bands, and Curr's need to own every U2 and Coldplay live album. I miss the days of CDepot back in college park where you could wander in and waste 45-60 minutes of your day looking through quality CDs, and always finding what you need. Now, I know what I want to buy, but I can't find it anywhere. Walmart and Target is a joke with Best Buy and Circuit City slightly ahead of the other two, but still severely lacking. Today it took me 4 stops to different stores to finally find the Keane album. Their song has been playing non-stop on XM, so I decided to give it a shot. Not too bad, but was it worth the two hours of traveling around to pick it up? Probably not.

6 comments:

jorge blogsada said...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008GQEO/qid=1131766849/sr=8-3/ref=pd_bbs_3/104-5597614-5955914?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

You need no other cd's. Cube is such an original he was the first to have the smoke of his blunt blowing the other way on his cd cover. Amazon.com and amazon.co.uk have most of what you need, but if not there's an elf in a cave in wales I can hook you up with. Still it's almost worth it to go shopping in public with the masses just to see the cardboard cut out toby keith sticking his boot in the cardboard cut out shania's backside at best buy.

I still think the last cd I ever saw purchased at the mall was richie with jesus jones. Goody got it.

Eric Z said...

Yeah, I don't understand. You buy everything else on the internet, why not CDs?

Is it bad that I never heard of Keane?

dzahn07 said...

Keane is a british band I think that sings songs that make you want to cut off your balls and become a women.

RRD said...

I normally go to ebay for CDs. $3.50 shipping is a joke, but normally ends up cheaper than amazon.

I was astonished when I went into a FYE recently and viewed the music selection. Hardly any country, a good selection of pop, but a huge selection of latino. I guess it is the latino fans who still buy CDs for $19.99 at the mall.

Buck Super Stereo said...

half.com is a good place for cds, usually.

and if you're just now hearing of keane, xm can't be anything that its all cracked up to be.

get a stream of radio UK for the best is ball-shrinking emo (which i admit i can't get enough).

i highly recommend the new death cab album. i've been playing around in their jock for 5 years now and its good to finally see them get some airplay.

dzahn07 said...

Well, it seems like no one leaves there house anymore to shop for CDs.