Nov 27, 2005

Watched Finding Neverland on Friday and it made my mind go crazy over the next 24 hours. I don't know if it was the 4 glasses of wine or the 4 pounds of turkey, but I have been an emotional mess this weekend. I started to think why I was out here in LA and why I didn't come home to see my parents and friends for Thanksgiving, or why has it been so long since I've seen Eric and his boys in Iowa. I feel like I'm taking all of them for granted, and that they will always be there, and I'll make time to spend with all of them in the future. I then started to think why I've become so picky with women recently and maybe I should just settle on someone, just so I won't be alone. I started to question all my priorities, values, and everything that I have built my current life around.

So with all of this on my mind, I went out on another date with the crazy asian girl on Saturday, trying to keep a positive attitude. The thoughts of "Maybe I could be happy with her" were actually going through my head. So before the date, I went over to the barber shop to get a quick trim, since my neck looked like a baboons back, but it was closed. What barber shop is closed on a Saturday? I had to get a trim, not only for this date, but for my business trip next week. So I stopped by the Howard Jones salon by my place, which for some reason I thought Howard would understand "Can you just shave my neckbeard and I only want to pay $5" and I got a response of "Ah I don't understand. Natasha come over here and take care of this gentlemen. I think he wants a razor cut with highlighted tips." Uh...no. So after a 5 minute discussion with Natasha and her nasty hairlip on what a trim was, she ended up just giving me a shampoo, moving her scissors around my head for 10 minutes and then charging me $45. Ugh. Should of known that this was bad idea when they were blaring "In the Club" by 50 Cents when I walked in.

So after another $200 and uninspiring conversation with the crazy asian girl, I called it a night and went home dejected and depressed only to find Ben half in the bag drinking scotch with all the lights out, while listening to Peter Gabriel on the Adult Alternative Music Station. Wow, I thought I was in a bad place, but Ben always seems to out do me. While talking to him about his problems, which were similar to my complaints earlier, we slowly put everything back into perspective. We got great careers, live on the beach, and are extremely happy for 95% of the time. People would die to be happy 95% of the time. Its that 5% of the time that we need the help of some good scotch to get by.

Off to Palm Springs

2 comments:

skeetskeet11 said...

The sooner you come to terms with your homosexuality, the sooner all of these questions will answer themselves.

Embrace your (alternative) lifestyle.

Buck Super Stereo said...

wow...this is a few days old so who knows if anyone will see it.

you should've asked the asian over to watch finding neverland and then fingercuffed her with ben.

loved the neckbeard story. with wit like that, you can be weepy from time to time in my book.