Nov 5, 2005

NFL Picks, Week 9

I was going to do a statistical analysis of the new table game, Texas Hold Em Bonus Poker, butthe equations quickly turned ugly. I'd rather do Sudoku puzzles than solve second-order bivariate equations.

Anyway, here we go with week 9:

Min 20, Det 13. Yes, put me down in the "Detroit Doubter" club. And Brad Johnson will do well - he better; I picked him up as an emergency starter in one of myleagues.

SD 20, NYJ 10. Just can't see the Jets scoring a lot of points in this one.

Cle 23, Ten 13. I have a good feeling about this game... no, really! I mean it!

KC 31, Oak 17. Can Oakland really put 3 good games otgether in a row? I say no - it's Norv Turner!

Chi 20, NO 3. If NO could only score 6 last week vs. Mia, what will they do against a team that leads a division and needs every win it can get?

Cin 17, Bal 10. I just don't get any vibe on a Ravens victory here.

Car 24, TB 13. How is TB going to score points? They only put up 10 against the 9ers! (I know, it was on the road, but still -it's SF)

Jax 23, Hou 6. Carr and the Texans come back to Earth...

Mia 27, Atl 20. Upset of the week. Atlanta is not that good. They are one-dimensional on offense, and do not play well on defense.

NYG 24, SF 10. I don't see a repeat of the Redskins blowout here.

Sea 31, Az 17. Why is Green going back to Warner?

GB 23, Pit 20. Farve will find a way. Can't explain this one logically.

Was 20, Phi 13. This one now scares me with the news of Owens' suspension. The team may rally around each other without TO and pull off an upset.

NE 34, Ind 31. Never bet against home underdogs on Monday night - ESPECIALLY if the home underdog is the 2 time defending Super Bowl champion.

Good week last week: 12-6 on best bets: overall: 69-59-5
19 best bets this week:

Min -1
SD/NYJ under 41
KC -4
Chi -3
Chi/NO Under 34
Cin -3
Cin/Bal Under 36 1/2
Car -1.5
Jax -13.5
Jax/Hou Under 37
Mia +3
Atl/mia Over 40
NYG/SF Under 42
Sea -4
GB +4
Was -3
Was/Phi Under 40
NE +3.5
NE/Ind Over 49 1/2

4 comments:

Eric Z said...

The Eric vs Derek challenge has tightened up:

Derek: LW: 7-11, overall: 22-14-1
Eric: LW: 12-6, overall 18-17-2

Derek has submitted 7 picks for Saturday:
Wisc +12
ND -9
VaTech -6.5
USC -34
Az +9.5
Or St -3
UCLA/Az Over 56

dzahn07 said...

Man, I couldn't remember what the hell I picked yesterday. But after going 4-3, maybe I should get drunk before all of my picks.

My quick thoughts on the games:

Baltimore, 49ers, and Packers strong showing last week affected the lines this week and MUST be taken advantage of.

Eagles will join together but they weren't that good with TO, but the Skins aren't that good either. Low scoring game this week.

Philly Under 39
Browns Under 37
Pitt Over 38
AZ Over 43
NE +3.5
SD -7
KC -3.5
Bears -3
Car -1
Cincy -3
NE -3.5
Pitt -3.5

Other Brad said...

FYI,

DZ,
You have NE on there twice.

dzahn07 said...

yeah, i talked Eric and changed one of them to Atlanta.