Nov 9, 2005

TO

Yesterday, after I wrote probably the best post of my life and then had my computer lock up and crash, I was crushed and not motivated to write anything for a while. But then late last night when I was watching Sportscenter and was blindsided by freaking Drew Rosenhaus acting like a guys best friend trying to persuade the ex-girlfriend to take his bud back after he got caught cheating on her. "Listen, he is a good guy, he apologized, and he is a good guy. I know he is a good guy and there are bunch of worse guys out there, and my guy is good." What the fuck was that all about??? First I thought it was another fake event like these Steve Phillips skits (which is possibly the worse thing I have ever seen on TV), but once I realized that it was real I was thinking that the Eagles will probably be stupid enough to take this as a sincere apology and welcome TO back. I really hope not. But then again, it is the Eagles who is like that guy at work who is so desparate that he will date any co-worker despite how crazy these girls might be. And Lee, its not me. For example, a year ago, there was a hot blonde in the office who started to show interest in one of my friends. We then began to find out some really weird shit about her, that I won't go into, but lets just say that she has a couple of notches on her belt for Managers that she has gotten fired due to failed relationships. Well when having the discussion with my friend, he was contemplating going out on a date with her and I said, "Dude, the best case scenario is that you get married to her. There is no middle ground with this girl. If anything goes wrong, it will cost you your job and probably your tires on your car. You know she will go apeshit if you go out with her once, sleep with her, and then stop calling her. SHE IS CRAZY-STAY AWAY!!!" And his response to this all the time was "Well, she is hot", and its very tough to argue against that. And this is just like the Eagles-TO relationship. Everyone knew that TO was crazy, everyone knew what might happen, but the Eagles took a chance hoping to win the Superbowl, but instead lost their job and got their tires slashed. And if you think that no other team will take a chance on a beautiful crazy girl that might take them to the promise land, you are stupid. This is why Farmers has a very large HR group and why NFL teams have large PR groups.

Later this week I'll relate my impending career change to Brittany Spears marriage and the government spending problem with the history of "The Real World"

1 comment:

RRD said...

The antics of Rosenhaus remind me of the old Herlihy skits (Farley and Sandler) on SNL.

Correct me if I am wrong, but DR has received $0 representing TO. His contract was bartered by his last agent, and DR only stood to profit if a new deal was tendered.