Dec 9, 2006

Week 14 NFL Picks: "Hole in One..."

No, I can't put together some neat-o analogy of the NFL to this classic game. I realized I hadn't used it yet, and it is one of my favorite games - so here you go.

Is this game really fair? I mean, if you have never picked up a golf club in your life, how are you supposed to make a putt to win a car? Scott Hoch - a pro - couldn't make a 2 1/2 foot putt to win the Masters, so how is Betty Frunagle from Cape May, NJ, supposed to make a 2 footer for the Chrysler Le Baron?

On to the picks:

KC 24, Bal 21. Should be a good game; Trent Green looks like he is mostly back.
Atl 17, TB 10. On the Browns board on Friday, we were talking about firing Romeo and a possible replacement, and one poster said : "How about Jim Mora Jr.? It looks like he will be fired from Atlanta!". NO NO NO NO. That man is insane.
Det 23, Min 13. Geesh, Minnesota looks bad.
Ten 20, Hou 13. I can't tell you how awful that Hou-Oak game was. And I watched it in 20 minutes on the Short Cuts on DirectTV. The 4th quarter was:
Oak turnover
Hou: 3 plays, lose 5 yds, FG
kickoff
Oak turnover
Hou: 3 plays, lose 2 yards, FG
kickoff
Oak turnvoer
Hou: 3 plays, lose 4 yards, FG.
That's how they scored 9 points in the 4th to win, 23-14.
Car 23, NYG 20, OT. Should the Giants just draft Brady Quinn next year?
Dal 31, NO 23. I need a few TDs from Romo.
NYJ 16, Buf 13. I've gone back and forth on this one - I actually think the Bills have a chance here.
Ind 27, Jax 20. I just can't see the Colts losing here.
Phi 19, Was 13. I like how Philly has come together after the injury. And -as SG says - is there a Ewing theory in here somewhere?
CIn 27, Oak 7. How is this only 10 1/2 points?
NE 24, Mia 20. This should be a tight one till the end.
SF 20, GB 14. The Pack can't play on the road.
Sea 31, Az 27. No defense for Az plus an offense that just passes = a shootout. Did you see the Az-Min game? The Cardinals ran the ball5 times all game. Five!
SD 26, Den 10. What is Merriman going to do to Cutler?
Chi 20, Stl 17. Monday Night Home Underdogs....

Best bets:
Bal/KC over 36
Atl -3
Atl/TB under 37 1/2
Det -1
Ten -1
Car +1
Buf/NYJ Under 37 1/2
Ind -1
Phi -1
Phi/Was under 40 1/2
Cin -10 1/2
NE/Mia Over 37
GB/SF under 43
Sea/Az Over 45
SD -7 1/2
StL +6 1/2


Overall records to be posted tomorrow.....I had a good week and Derek did not, so my lead has grown. If Derek's afternoon picks go bad, he might need Bob to hit the button so he can double up on the night games and make it "Hole in One........ or Two!"

4 comments:

dzahn07 said...

Bad week doesn't even describe it. Ugh.

OK, here we go.

Atl Under
Ravens- Too many people are jumping on this entire KC can't lose at home thing. Didn't they just lose to the Browns? I know it was on the road, but still.
Cincy- I agree Eric.
Rams- Eric, this is going to bite us soon.
Denver- 7.5 is too much.
Seattle
Seattle Under
49ers
Pats- Is it December yet? It is? Good, now its time to start betting against the Dolphins.
Pats Under
Philly
TN- How is this one only 1 point.
Jets- Buffalo on the road? Come on.
Cowboys- I'm jumping on this game.
Lions- At home? With no Cheter Taylor? Eh...I'll take it.

Eric Z said...

Records up until this week:

Eric:
was 98-87-7
Week 13: 11-5 (!)
overall: 109-92-7

Derek:
was 95-97-1
Week 13: 5-11 (!!)
overall: 100-108-1

So far week 14:
Eric: 8-7, with St Louis to go
Derek: 6-7, with Dal and St Louis to go (I only saw 15 games, Derek)

dzahn07 said...

rams under

Eric Z said...

Derek -

When you are hot, you're hot!!!