Dec 2, 2006

Week 13 NFL Picks: Pathfinder



Sorry about all the non-posting, everyone. I have at least 17 topics to post on, including the Vegas trip. I promise that will be the next post.

Week 13's theme is "Pathfinder". Will the teams find a path to the playoffs? Or will they take 3 or 4 consecutive wrong turns that leads them off the stage with their Turtle Wax in hand as a parting gift?

(You know, when I was young, I always thought they said "party gifts". Wow - adults give Turtle Wax out at parties? That must be cool... . Of course, I was 8 at the time.)

So some teams better find the right digit # on the Pathfinder board this week, else it's off to the Showcase Showdown. This means you, Falcons and Jaguars and Giants and Panthers. Three of those will carry on, while one slips further down. On with the picks:

Chi 23, Min 10. And I have Chester Taylor. Yikes.

Pit 27, TB 10. Geesh, Tampa is terrible. That reminds me - the last 2 games for the Browns are Tampa and Houston. How much would it take for you to watch those two games for 3 hours non-stop? $50? $100?

StL 24, Arz 20. I benched Bulger in my fantasy league - he's like Jake Plummer to me.

Ind 31, Ten 13. Lost in the comeback last week is that the Titans were shut out through three quarters. Without gifts from the opposition, the Titans will struggle to score.

Jax 20, Mia 17. Just when you think it is over for the Jags...

NO 31, SF 14. NewOrleans is quietly heading to a possible #2 seed in the NFC. Wow.

Atl 23, Was 16. Why am I picking the absolutely INSANE Jim Mora, Jr.?

Cle 20, KC 17. No reason at all.

NE 31, Det 20. Kitna will have good garbage time stats.

SD 24, Buf 13. How can you go against the Chargers now? (Is that a gooch? I believe so.)

GB 23, NYJ 20. The Jets are horrid. The only reason they are 6-5 is their schedule. They are 5-1 vs. teams with a losing record... and we know who that "1" is. They are like the Bears from last year - if the Browns can beat them, how good are they?

NYG 27, Dal 24 (OT). Just a gut feeling. Buck has an orgasm in the booth over this game.

Hou 19, Oak 16. Of course, I will be watching this game instead, because I like train wrecks. (I watched the Hou-SF game in last year's week 17 versus the Was-Phi game. I had money on the Texans!)

Sea 27, Den 20. I don't buy this Jay Cutler = Tony Romo stuff, not againt Holmgren.

Phi 20, Car 17. What's that again about Monday Night underdogs at home?

Last week:

Eric: 9-7; overall: 98-87-7

Derek: 9-7: overall: 95-97-1 (how do you go through ~200 games and only have 1 push????)

Best bets for this week (16):

Chi -9.5

Pit -7

Ind -7.5

Jax pick

NO -7

Atl +1.5

Det/NE Over 42

SD -6

Buf/SD Under 42

GB pick

NYG +3.5

NYG/Dal over 43 1/2

Hou +3

Sea +4

Sea/Den over 40 1/2

Phi +3

No comments: