Dec 4, 2006

Monday Night Dog saves the day

OK, some non sports related items....

1. I'm tired of work. I feel defeated. Talking to these no talent claim reps kill me. And to think that they are married, have kids, and a mortgage and they still preform so poorly, it kills me. I want to jump across the desk and slap them around telling them that I'm going to fire them in 30-60 days because they suck. Oh and their excuse to me is always "I'm having personal problems at home." And what do I say to that?? F that. That's what I say. I remember when I broke up with Amy and was in pretty bad shape, I found my safe haven at work. Yeah I cried a little bit everyday after lunch, spent the mornings reading old emails in my archive from her, and slept with a girl that we called "The Linebacker", but I worked my ass off. It was the only place where I could take my mind off of all my personal problems. But these kids now, yes kids, they just don't know how to cope with anything.

2. Finally I picked the right time to stop eating Taco Bell!!!!

3. Is it me or does Brittany look absolutely wonderful. I mean just fabulous. And that crotch shot doesn't hurt things either. It feels like 1998 all over again.

4. Watching Studio 60 for the first time and I'm totally unimpressed...Pretty crappy. Its like West Wing without the interesting topic. I mean this writing was great when you are dealing with national security, but when you are writing about finding snow for the set, it sucks.

5. Number 1231 why I'm having second thoughts on getting married. I have to fill a cat stocking with Christmas presents. Yup, I was assigned a cat to go buy toys for. I wanted to get a live guinea pig, but I mistakenly told Carol this and it was vetoed. Can you imagine how much fun it would of been to watch two cats go bezerk on a guinea pig.

6. One sports related topic which I forgot to mention- A big furniture store had a promotion last week, that any furniture that was purchased last week, and UCLA won, then it was free. Ooops.

7. I was kidding by the way about getting married. I can't wait. Totally excited. I just realized that the ceremony will be at 3:30 and we have fireworks for New Years Eve, so that makes close to 8 hours of straight drinking. Hmmmm. This could get very very ugly.

13 comments:

The Dudeman said...

Hey Z, Keith, Rich, Jon and I are not going to be able to make it to the wedding now. We just found out we have a 1PM game that day so we'll be inside watching the Cowboys win their last game of the season while you're out on the beach securing your balls in Carol's safekeeping. By the way, are you going to have the cats as flower girls too?

dzahn07 said...

Dude, at least Carol's cats like me...oh wait, they don't.

The Dudeman said...

Oh, I forgot to mention this earlier but the thought of her cats fighting over a guinea pig while it tries desperately to run for cover was fantastic. I think you should do it anyway. :)

dzahn07 said...

I know!!!! I was so pissed that she wasn't excited about it. Especially since she gave me shit about not getting excited about buying presents for the cats.

Zeitgeber said...

You can borrow our cats if you want some live animal attacking action. Just this weekend they brought home a live squirrel and decapitated it in the laundry room for our viewing pleasure. Put in a cat door and buying guinea pigs will never be a necessary discussion again.

RRD said...

I'm putting it here becuase I need FFB help ASAP for R1 of the playoffs this weekend:

QB - Favre (@SF) or Kitna (MIN)?

RRD said...

Also, E, please tell me you were true to your word and watched last weeks HOU/OAK game. How the hell does a QB throw for 34 yards?

dzahn07 said...

I would start Kitna, but that is just me.

Eric Z said...

I'm biased, because I have Kitna....

but I think the 49ers defense is good. Not ravens good, but good enough to stifle some teams (Vikes, Seahawks 2nd string, Rams...)

How do you beat GB? You cover Driver and Franks. That's about it. And I think the 9ers have enough to do that.

My prediction (but in can change)

SF 24-13, Favre 210 yards, 1 TD, 2 Int.

Det vs Min? Yikes. Is this a Hou-Oak type game (no O) or a Cle-KC game (no D)?

Det has enough weapons to get 1 td, at least.

Det wins, 17-10. Kitna 240 yds, 1 TD, 1 Int.

I see it as too close to call. Do you need a big performance? Then Kitna is your man. Do you need a "safe" performace - and not have a 150 yard, 4 int day? then go with Favre.

dzahn07 said...

"Do you need a "safe" performace - and not have a 150 yard, 4 int day? then go with Favre. "

Didn't he just have that last week?

RRD said...

Favre has been down since the supposed non-factor funny bone injury. He's throwing to DD and nobody, and in their wins they've funneled the ball more to Ahman Green/Morency.

Kitna's performance on Thanksgiving was atrocious, terrible line play and more of an opportunity for the pick when throwing 12-15 yard patterns, rather than running a West Coast offense. He's got more options (Williams/Furrey). MIN has the best run D in the league, and held KJ to 8 yds. on 10 attempts in MIN. KJ also provides a safety valve/dump pass option. (I am also sitting KJ in favor of Fred Taylor @ IND).

At this point I am 51/49 Kitna. I'd like to hear a convincing Favre argument.

RRD said...

So we can both be happy that I was too smart to get into insurance.

dzahn07 said...

Kitna vs Favre decision equates to you being too smart for insurance. Hmmm....