Dec 11, 2006

Monday Morning Ramblings

Went to another concert last night with Carol and her friends to go see The Shins, Pete Yorn, Modest Mouse, and some other alternative band called Silvertrain something or other.  I really can't remember.  I've been to concerts where I absolutely hated the music or I loved the performance, but this concert was just so blah.  Terrible music to go see live.  Its like they are trying to be cool and alternative, but when you break it down they are more like Neil Diamond, but with less passion.   The bands had no personalities and the music was just OK...I guess.  I left with absolutely no opinion on the performances at all, which was such a strange feeling.  

Did anyone watch the Jack Lalanne segment on Real Sports. Creepy guy since he blinks once for every word he says, but he is truly amazing. Did you know that he invented all of the universal machines but forgot to patent all of them? Ouch.  He comes off saying that all he needs in his life is his health and family, and I guess that's how he has to justify leaving billions on the table. 
 
Wedding- OK, I'm tired of this.  Eric caught the brunt of this the other day and I apologized to him because his question was just bad timing, but to answer everyone's questions, I don't care what you wear to the wedding.   Wear what you want to wear.  Yes its on the beach, but its still a wedding.  I will be wearing a tux and Carol will be wearing a nice wedding dress.  Yes, it more than likely will be cold outside, so bring a coat.   What type of coat?  I don't know.  Its like everyone (and yes I mean everyone) has turned into a 5 year old and can't make up their mind on what to wear.   Jesus.  But keep in mind my mom will be judging everyone, so dress accordingly.  Ha!!!!

This Real World has a chance to become legendary. I'm serious. They have gone over the top with the casting. Two big black guys, one gay and one straight, another gay guy that has some serious issues with the big black guy and his own sexuality, two borderline lesbians who love to do the triple kiss thing, one strange girl that its clear will flip out on someone by the end of the show just to get some attention, and one male whore that will probably end up screwing everyone in the house. And I mean everyone, even the big black guy. I'm so excited!!!!

And finally, Fantasy Football. I backed into the play-offs in my Farmers League (12 teams) and end up beating the 1st place team to advance. Now I face a team that is starting Drew Brees. Now in my other league, I'm in first place, starting my first week of play-offs and I have Drew Brees. What a dilemma. I don't know what to do on this. Both are equal money payouts for winning the play-offs so it makes it so tough to decide what to do. Should I just start my backup QB (Vick) in the one league, just so I don't have an issue. Also, RRD how did it turn out on the Kitna-Favre thing? Who did you start and who won?

4 comments:

Eric Z said...

1) Um....since my question was about the rehearsal dinner, why again did I catch the apex of your anger?

2) What???? I did not realize that the big black guy was gay, too!!! Oh, that adds another dimension to the big fight the two gays had last episode. Wow.

And Alex- the white guy who pretty much will sleep with anything that moves - yep, Derek, I totally agree with you. We're going to have some memorable episodes here.

RRD said...

Kitna and lost. I went so far as to read the Free Press and check San Francisco weather. Thankfully, it didn't matter, as I got smoked. 2nd rd of the playoffs are the 4,6,7,8 seeds, as the top seeds all fell. There is no rhyme or reason to FFB playoffs, which makes it interesting.

RRD said...

Oh...and I've never seen Real World episodes take such a meteoric plunge so early in the season. The making out/banging ("before I knew it I was having sex") episode = candy. Verbal confrontation, might leave, might stay, episode = awful.

dzahn07 said...

My bad Eric. Neither of the black guys are gay. Sorry.

You had asked me before what Janice should wear to the wedding, then asked me what to wear to the rehersal. What do you think? You know mom better than everyone else on this blog and you still have to ask that question?